US are one concentration camp

nicy

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:35 am
I have impression that world is collapsing around me! I have no belief in American democracy and justice anymore. But what shocks me is contradictions concerning the CIA prisons in Europe.
Rice for instance talks about some prisoners of war and extremists imprisoned secretly somewhere in Europe by CIA. But I've read in Washington Post that there are US citizens Arabs by birth there! Tortures they suffer there are horrible! And there is no refutation of this information. CIA just keeps silence.
It seems to me that nobody cares about this horror in USA. Only Europeans aren't indifferent to fate of our nationals and demanding from CIA to take appropriate measures promptly.
I myself can't feel safe in USA any more! They may take anyone in hand in US. And what would be answer of Bush's cabinet? In this manner US will turn into one large concentration camp. It is quite scaring but I think that I don't want to live in this great state anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 727 • Replies: 18
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:49 am
Please be certain you have turned off all appliances, lights, and entertainment devices, and check to make sure you have removed all your personal belongings from your room. You may leave your room key at the front desk when you check out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:49 pm
Bye . . . thanks for the entertainment . . .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:21 pm
I was thinking the same thing. No one forcing you to stay. So don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
0 Replies

DavidH

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:22 pm
And don't forget your foil hat.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
You and englishmajor can be soulmates...and roommates.
0 Replies

Agent of Change

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:08 pm
I'd be happy if the CIA would stop doing its dirty work in my country (UK) but that will never happen until we find our balls again and tell GWB to f*** off. I'd rather ally wih the French than the Yanks.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:13 pm
One might think a Brit with any knowledge of the past might see an alliance with the French preferable to one with The Yanks - or for that matter, just about anyone else - as beset with pitfall and peril. Santayana observed wisely that those who will not heed the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.
0 Replies

Agent of Change

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:29 pm
True. I've never forgiven them for burning our lambs.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:35 pm
I can see that would be hard to paper over and forget. Personally, I can, and have, let many things slide, but the Renault Dauphine occasioned my undying enmity for the French.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 01:44 am
Re: US are one concentration camp
All of you should be ashamed of your selves. Though this person's post was a little eccentric, it does portray the views of many Arab Americans whom are living in this country post 9/11. Keep in mind, during WWII we put all of out Japanese citizens in internment camps. Just a nicer name for concentration camps. I know I wouldn't want to be an Arab living in the United States today. To believe that he is under investigation and could end up in some prison cell just because he is Arab isn't so far fetched. You republicans had your laugh, now how about looking at the problems that many Arab Americans are facing today with something other than Cynicism. This country isn't just for white, English speaking people and there is a lot of racial profiling going on. It's not good enough for them to go about their daily lives when just knowing someone who may have ties to terrorism could cause you to loose your freedom.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:34 am
There isn't anywhere enough profiling going on. We're at war, like it or not, and wartime demands extraordinary considerations. It is regrettable some innocent, law-abiding persons, citizens or otherwise, may be subject to certain inconveniences - up to and including impingement of certain civil liberties. Several thusand Americans and a few hundred foreign visitors had their civil liberties most severely, prejudicially, and terminally impinged on 9/11, as have, since the 1970's, hundreds of US service members and diplomatic personnel had their liberties and lives terminated at the hands of jihadists. Its more than time we ceased the game playing and devoted every possible effort and enrgy to the successful prosecution of this war - a war declared against us nearly 3 decades ago, a war in which Iraq, Osama bin Laden, the likes of al Zarqawi and al Zawahiri and their ilk, the Taliban, al Queda, Somalian warlords, what have you are but bit players.

These scum have declared unambiguously their goal is the subjegation of Western Civilization, the eradication of democracy, and global hegemony for their twisted, totalitarian version of Islam. This is not a war of States, it is a war of ideologies, and one og those ideologies has declared and has demonstrated its intent to win or die. We can't let them win - which is what it would take for them to win, as they haven't the means or wherewithall to win on the field of battle - the only acceptable option is to defeat them utterly, a task we should have begun several Presidents ago, but which at last we have begun. It won't be quick, it won't be easy, it won't be pleasnat, it won't be cosmetic, it won't be esthetically pleasing, it will call for sacrifices, it will call for blood and treasure.

I don't expect the Bushophobes/America Worst crowd to understand, let alone accept, that this war, this already-30+-year-old war on us that we have only just begun to wage on our own behalf, is all about your right, and the right of countless millions of others, to complain about what they don't like about what their government is doing.

Don't trouble yourself any, those doing the fighting don't expect your thanks, recognition, or gratitude; they fight because they know they must if Life, Liberty, and The Pusuit of Happiness are to be any more than empty words on an old piece of paper.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:41 am
Boy, you sound just as paranoid as the original poster, and you made fun of him...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:50 am
You don't know how I sound, but I suppose by the oblivious, I might be read that way. Doesn't bother me at all.

Besides, even paranoids can have real enemies Mr. Green
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:58 am
timberlandko wrote:
You don't know how I sound, but I suppose by the oblivious, I might be read that way. Doesn't bother me at all.

Besides, even paranoids can have real enemies Mr. Green

Crap, I was in the middle of adding to my post and you replied before I could post it. Now I have to type it again...

I was saying that racial profiling wouldn't have stopped most of the terrorist attacks that have happened on US soil. Wouldn't have stopped the bombing in Oklahoma City, it wouldn't have stopped the Olympic Park bomb. It wouldn't have stopped the rash of school shootings in the 90's. How many fake bomb threats are phoned in every day by white people. That's a form of terrorism too. All of the above mentioned attacks were done by whites. It seems to me that terrorism on US soil is more common among white men... So, aren't we ignoring a major group of terrorists by only focusing on people with lite brown skin and turbans?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:07 am
Re: US are one concentration camp
nicy wrote:
I have impression that world is collapsing around me! I have no belief in American democracy and justice anymore. But what shocks me is contradictions concerning the CIA prisons in Europe.
Rice for instance talks about some prisoners of war and extremists imprisoned secretly somewhere in Europe by CIA. But I've read in Washington Post that there are US citizens Arabs by birth there! Tortures they suffer there are horrible! And there is no refutation of this information. CIA just keeps silence.
It seems to me that nobody cares about this horror in USA. Only Europeans aren't indifferent to fate of our nationals and demanding from CIA to take appropriate measures promptly.
I myself can't feel safe in USA any more! They may take anyone in hand in US. And what would be answer of Bush's cabinet? In this manner US will turn into one large concentration camp. It is quite scaring but I think that I don't want to live in this great state anymore.
nicy, If I go around saying and doing what I do about the government and I have not been arrested then you won't. Be proud to be among that growing group of Americans that are living with there eyes open. We live in a time in America where the truth is unbelievable. Some of our fellow Americans are scarred and afraid of the truth no matter how apparent it is. Step back from politics when you need to. It's a must when you start dealing with the hardcore ****. I've heard alot about the C.I.A. secret prisons. More and more information will come out about them. Intill people can not deny they exist, Then everybody will act like they always knew it, the same people that call you nuts. Look how long it took the sheep to except the truth about the Kennedy Assassination.

But this is the most important thing. You have to develop a sense of humour and not get paranoid. Your no good to anybody letting all this whacky political stuff whack you out and thats why people block it out, for that reason. It's just to heavy for them.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:07 am
What we need to focus on is enhancing and improving our intelligence gathering and processing, foreign and domestic, and on providing both our civilian law enforcement and our military with the resources they require to effect and ensure our security. We need to tighten our borders and ports, remain vigilant, resolute, and implacable. This ain't no game.

Oh, and sorry about sneaking a post in on you - I know just what you mean; happens to me allatime, and it really bugs me Laughing
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:41 am
Well put Amigo! And Timberlandko, I agree. See, I'm easy when I'm tired. I may come back to this thread after I've had some sleep.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:52 am
Timber, Don't get me wrong. I believe myself a good loyal American. I know islamic extremist are real and have committed to killing every and any American, Me, my family, my friends, my neighbors and you and everybody, liberal and conservative. I am also aware liberal and conservatives can be equally mislead.
0 Replies