RIGHT WING HYSTERIA/LEFT WING HYSTERIA

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:50 am
Right wing hysteria seems to consist of an assertion that all Muslims are terrorists, that anyone who does not unquestioningly support the current administration is in league with and a supporter of terrorists, and that their political opponents are cowards and crypto-communists.

Left wing hysteria seems to consist of an assertion that the nation is rapidly sliding into fascism, that anyone who supports the current administration is a crypto-nazi and that our troops are become storm troopers and bloodthirsty murders.

Keeping in mind the important noun "hysteria," please comment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,620 • Replies: 71
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:08 am
BookMark
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:18 am
I think that people are comfortable with equilibrium. Right now, the country is embroiled in a dichotomous debate concerning the nature of the American government, its relationship with foreign countries, the role of religion in government, and the role of government in social issues.

Although these issues have always been at the forefront, since the latest administration, and the perceived shift in power amongst the political parties, the argument has become more vocal and more strident. People have taken side or another, and the rhetoric from both sides is becoming angry and discordant.

(aside to Setanta- Gee, what made you think of this particular subject? :wink: )
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:20 am
Just a vagrant thought, Boss . . .
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
I believe that this "hysteria" is enhanced by mass media, specificlly TV's ability to show some form of "news" program at every hour of the day.

Phoenix is correct when states people look for equilibriam. I firmly believe that the vast majority of VOTERS do not sit at the extreme "left or right". They "tilt" somewhere off center (hopefully right!). I also believe the vast majority of VOTERS are or are becoming "fed up" with the rhetoric from both sides and I think we will see the results when hopefully, incumbants lose there positions in the next election.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:07 am
Re: RIGHT WING HYSTERIA/LEFT WING HYSTERIA
Setanta wrote:
anyone who supports the current administration is a crypto-nazi

careful, set(anta), someone might invoke Godwin's law. it puzzles me why there's no corresponding law against use of the n-word that refers to African-Americans.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:40 am
Setanta wrote:

People, on the whole, are idiots. What more is there to comment upon?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:41 am
Godwin's law doesn't really apply, insofaras the hysterical members of the left will spout that sort of tripe in conversation, never mind online . . . i used that precisely because i've heard it in conversation . . . i've had left wingnuts call me a conservative dupe because i poopooed their nonsense, and had right wingnuts call me a commie because i poopooed their nonsense . . .

Folks just don't like having their very own personal nonsense poopooed . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:51 am
as if hysteria is a bad thing.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:14 am
No worse than wombia.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Setanta wrote:
i've had left wingnuts call me a conservative dupe because i poopooed their nonsense, and had right wingnuts call me a commie because i poopooed their nonsense . . .

well, if you're neither left nor right, what are you? some kind of philosopher? :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Setanta wrote:

People, on the whole, are idiots. What more is there to comment upon?

Killjoy . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:26 pm
blatham wrote:
No worse than wombia.

Bugger that.

What's REALLY happening is yer all gettin' testy.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:31 pm
There is a reason God marked your type with THE WOUND while we got the purse full of goodies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:35 pm
God IS a goddamn steeenking man?

Or, we are simply the stronger sex?

(Our clitoral structure is bigger than your wieners, you know. Oft neglected fact in these things.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
dlowan wrote:
(Our clitoral structure is bigger than your wieners, you know. Oft neglected fact in these things.)

I'm sorry, but this statement will definitely have to be backed up with some type of visual proof.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:03 pm
Is that so? I actually didn't know it. Yet, I find no hint of jealousy in self at this revelation. It seems rather like having big tits, but inside-out or having a nifty car forever locked in the garage. Still, I confess that I covet the thing's attributes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:03 pm
It is available only upon dissection.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:23 pm
Speaking of testy...
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:54 pm
dlowan wrote:
Speaking of testy...

Don't you pick on me, I've got a headache. You know what happened to the rabbit in "Fatal Attraction" Twisted Evil
0 Replies