Liberal Hypocrisy about Intelligent Design

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:29 pm
Mr. Setanta Wrote:

Quote:
You do love to play stupid games.

The definition which you have used is the second definition at Answers-dot-com. The first, and more common definition of interlocutor is: "Someone who takes part in a conversation, often formally or officially."

You don't even get a "nice try" for that horsie poop . . .

Mr. Setanta, My Special Sponsor:

I just knew you'd be a great sponsor! You have already found a mistake I made! And I do appreciate you typing the definition out there for me. I will write that down in the journal I have started. I heard it's a good idea to write things down so you don't forget them. :wink:

Well, I can't be in this for pats on the back. Ah ha! You are my sponsor so you tried to trick me with that one, didn't you? Oh no, I know you are smart, but I know that I have to be in this so that I can rid myself of this horrible disease of emoticon use. If I do it for pats on the back or for you or for anyone else, I know I won't recover.

You are doing a great job as my sponsor! I am so grateful that I found you and am able to learn so many wonderful things from you!

I will just be glad when I can get to the point I don't have this awful obsession of using these emoticons! I am especially addicted to the heart one.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:34 pm
LionTamerX Wrote:

Quote:
MoAn,
I have a relative in NE Louisiana (Transylvania) who is a witch doctor that has had great success curing people of their emoticon addictions. You just drive into town, look for the water tower with the large black bat painted on it, and ask for Bubba. He'll get you straight.

Mr. LionTamerX,

Thank you so very much for your information. It was very kind of you to share this with me. However, I am sure you know that Mr. Setanta is my Smileys Anonymous sponsor and I just can't make a decision like this without him. I will have to bring it up to him and see what he says.

I know he thinks highly of you so maybe he will let me do it on your recommendation.

Thank you again so much!

Momma Angelhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

P.S. Please don't tell Mr. Setanta that I used an emoticon on this post to you. I have to take responsibility for myself so I will have to tell him that I did it. Again, thank you.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
Big Bird, not to worry, i don't like you either . . .

Ahhhh ....OK then. I feel much better now. Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried there for a minute; its good to know we'll always have that to share at least ... even if not Paris, whatever color that damned dress was.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
As it happens, i never capitalize the first person singluar pronoun unless it appears at the beginning of a sentence, or unless i am quoting someone else who does favor that usage. As for someone picking on me, i'd have thought by now that you'd have realized that your idiocy rolls right off of me--it's all just agitated electrons, and has no effect on me.

I find it hilarious that both you and Intrepid resort to peurile antics when you hope to insult someone. That lack of maturity of expression, however, is not unexpected from people who cling to such a childish set of beliefs. I have a considerably greater degree of respect for Intrepid (not that much really, but i do have some respect for him, and none at all for you) because i don't see him constantly touting his virtue as a christian--something you seem incapable of avoiding. He is also seems not to be as badly addicted to witless emoticons.

Well, I just happened upon this thread and I am overcome with joy and emotion that Setanta almost, but not quite, likes me. Crying or Very sad

This brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my heart. Smile I can feel the love,http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif the love is flowing like a bubbling stream in a lush green foresthttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

It takes a big man to admit that Intrepid may, after all, be almost human and almost worthy of notice. I am feeling the love again.
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

Oh no! I am starting to use emoticons to excess!?!?! Setanta, help me. Please, could you sponsor me as you so graciously sponsored Momma Angel on the road to recovery from emoticon hell. Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:29 pm
Intrepid,

I know that Mr. Setanta can help you! He is being so kind to me and helping me to grow. He teaches me by showing me the error of my ways. He is a wise one that Mr. Setanta! Laughing

Yes, emoticon hell is where I fear we both are right now. It is such a cunning, baffling, and powerful addiction. I only hope that with Mr. Setanta as my sponsor I can grow and learn to not use those Smileys.

Just know that you are not alone. There are plenty of us Emoticon Junkies out there on A2K. Some are probably still in denial so it will be up to us to help them if we can. :wink:

Mr. Setanta will undoubtedly help each of these also. He is able to pick out all the little things that can lead you to emoticon hell. Soon, I hope to be able to get through a whole post without having to use them.

BTW, my emoticon of choice is the heart. What is yours?

Your friend in recovery,

Momma Angelhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:41 pm
Lemme know if you find an emoticon for tedium
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:43 pm
Oh no! Not you too, Timber! You are becoming addicted? Oh my. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:44 pm
What is this for
Um about?
Can't make the heck
Of it out.
I'm just a dumb
Romulan
I'll try again
When I can
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:45 pm
I think "hypocrite" is more to the point.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:50 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Lemme know if you find an emoticon for tedium
Does this qualify, timber? http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/puke1.gif
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:51 pm
C.I.,

Oh C.I., I am so glad that you dropped by! You haven't heard the news, have you? It's wonderful! Laughing

Mr. Setanta is my Smileys Anonymous sponsor! You know how full of wisdom he is. I know you do. You have told him many times of his wisdom and wit. So, since I am open-minded I am now trying to take every bit of advice that he gives me. :wink:

I am sure if you go back a few pages you can catch up here. I guess I just finally came out of that self-deluded denial I was in. Setanta is a good sponsor. He makes sure I know where I am doing wrong so that I can correct it. It is these kinds of things that will help me to grow and learn how to not use the Smileys that have ruined my life so much.

Have a wonderful night, C.I.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:57 pm
Yawn!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:52 am
Momma Angel, I noticed you didn't directly answer my question; that's ok, it is a hard one to answer.

What if one day there was a majority in the country who were Muslims. They decide to instigate a law which forbids women to go out of the house unless they wear full Muslim dress (forgot the name, the one where even their eyes are almost hid.) Some Muslims might vote for it because they believe it is right and some Muslims even ones who believe in women wearing veils might not vote for it because they realize that it would not be fair to non muslims to make females wear veils if they don't believe in it. Our country is supposed to a free society, it is not a free society when you deny one group of people freedom of choice.

It is the same kind of thing with not allowing homosexuals to marry. You might feel it is right, but you would be wrong. (Not everything is reduced relativity.) It is not your right (or anyone else's, not picking on you personally) to decide other people's values for them unless that person's value harms another person. Homosexuality harms no one else in a physical or emotional sense.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
MA just doesn't understand that nobody can legislate (prejudiced) morality in a real democracy.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Revel,

If you are asking me if I think it is fair to homosexuals that I vote to not allow same sex marriage; I believe what you want from is is a yes or no answer and I don't feel an honest answer from me is strictly yes or no.

I have explained what I feel and believe about this subject the best I can. I don't hold the position I do to harm anyone. I just believe it is the right thing.

Like I have said many times, I cannot and will not vote for something I believe is wrong. If I vote for it, I am in essence condoning it, and I cannot do that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:06 am
Cicerone Imposter Wrote:

Quote:
MA just doesn't understand that nobody can legislate (prejudiced) morality in a real democracy.

Good Morning C.I.!

How are you today? I hope you are having a wonderfully blessed day today.

There are many things I don't understand in the world. Too many to count unfortunately. One of the things I don't really understand is why do other people seem to hate others that are different? That really saddens me, C.I. There are so many prejudices in this world today. Some are real prejudices and some are not. I think sometimes people think others are prejudiced just because they don't agree with what they think or it goes against what they want to do. Do you think that might be the case in some instances?

I think it's just important for everyone to do what they think is right. I mean, if everyone really did what they thought was really the right thing to do and not follow the masses, maybe things would be different? These are just some thoughts I have.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this, C.I. I think it's important that we all share what we think so maybe we can all understand each other a bit better!

Well, I have things I need to get done. I will look for your answer! You have a wonderful day today, C.I. I hope you are not anywhere there is all that snow!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

I mean, gee, look at me and Mr. Setanta! He is now my sponsor! I am sure that he wants to make the world a better place too! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:07 am
Good morning, Momma A,

I don't know if you read the post I made this morning on unpardonable sin, but it pertains to forgiveness and spiritual practice.

Here are the Reflections listed at the end of the chapter I am reading in Robert Miller's book, The Gospel of Thomas, a Guidebook for Spiritual Practice",

Quote:

1.Do people see me as hard-hearted? If so, in what circumstances?

2. How might I grow in meekness, mildness, and humility? Does it mean having less ego? less absorption in my own agenda? less confidence in my ability to do without others?

3. How will I notice when my heart is softening?

For some reason when I read the chapter titled, "Making Space for the Spirit", I thought of two threads here. The unpardonable sin thread and this one. Miller has described exactly what I've been trying to get across.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:11 am
J_B,

Forgiveness does not mean condoning what sin is. I undertand what you are telling me, I honestly do. But, it is and always will be to me, if I vote for it I am condoning it and I cannot and condone what I believe is a sin in God's eyes.

I don't understand why it seems no one understands that just because I think something is wrong it means I am hating (whatever you want to call it) the person. That is not the case at all.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:15 am
Momma Angel wrote:
J_B,

Forgiveness does not mean condoning what sin is.

Is doesn't? Then what does forgiveness mean?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:16 am
A broken record that has no chance of change.
0 Replies