giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 03:25 pm
What exactly is intelligent about man's design?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 14,631 • Replies: 187
No top replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 04:07 pm
Apparently, science has dismantled the arguments for such a hypothesis. Do creationists still cling to this?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Do creationists still cling to this?

Yes, they do. From what we've seen here on A2K, Creationists don't know enough about science or evolution to know what's right and what isn't, so they cling to whatever suits their argument and sounds "scientific".
giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 05:30 pm
@rosborne979,
Sad, very sad.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 03:00 pm
Are you people here just to bash God and His creation? Not a single one of you taking thought could add on inch to your height, yet in your arrogance you talk as if you were God Himself. The only response I have to you is that if you cannot tell that your bodies are made from intelligent design you must be totally blind. The human body is like no other. Science proves creation not evolution. Charles Darwin himself denied his own hypothesis. If evolution were correct why is it that mankind is still depraved? Why is it that mankind still cannot transfigure himself from one place to another? Mankind has over 6,000 years on the earth and yet we still cannot propel ourselves to other dimensions of thought. You still think like the humanistic minds of old--self centered arrogant helpless people.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 03:07 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
Charles Darwin himself denied his own hypothesis
are you invoking his "death bed" conversion? Ive got news, thts all a lie started by the Creation "Scientists" after George McReady Price

Quote:
Mankind has over 6,000 years on the earth and yet we still cannot propel ourselves to other dimensions of thought.
and this is important because??
worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 08:23 am
@farmerman,
It is important because after 6,000 years man should have evolved into a much more intelligent and elevated being then he is with many more capabilities --that is if your theory of evolution were true. Unfortunately he is still the same arrogant, self-centered, selfish, undone, depraved barbaric being that he was back in the beginning. Nothing has changed! Why don't you try to look at science through the eyes of intelligent design instead of being the product of the modern faulty educational system we have here in the US?

And by the way, even if Darwin recanted or he did not, the fact still remains that it is still called the Theory of Evolution and NOT The Facts of Evolution. Why is it that scientists still have not found the missing link?? Where is the link from monkey to man? And if evolution were true why are there still monkeys on the earth? Why have they not all evolved into Men? There are too many holes in your thought process. My friend it is just a matter that you don't believe God's word and therefore you reject Creationism.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 08:33 am
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
It is important because after 6,000 years man should have evolved into a much more intelligent and elevated being then he is with many more capabilities
Really, I wonder how we should know stuff like that?

Quote:
Why don't you try to look at science through the eyes of intelligent design instead of being the product of the modern faulty educational system
Ive done just that many times. Weve been in court with IDers over thir need to teach it as science (Question: Why are the Intelligent Designers trying to call what they "believe" , science?-science has a method of experimentation, evidence collection, prediction, and falsification. SO far, since the Discovery Institute got rolling on its ID policy in 1993, thieve yet to come up with any evidence, no predictions and experiment, and its a totally unfalsifiable worldview).
Also, Im part of the US's university program , and, if our higher education system is so faulty, why does the rest of the world send its young'uns to us to get their degrees?

Quote:
it is still called the Theory of Evolution and NOT The Facts of Evolution. Why is it that scientists still have not found the missing link??
I think someone else is gonna have to answer that, Im beat up with that same stupid set of questions
worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 10:19 am
@farmerman,
Farmer man--I understand that you are a college graduate--that is great--you do seem to be quite eloquent in your writings despite the fact that you chose a name like Farmer-man as your handle. I have three college degrees myself and I am a product of the faulty educational system as well. All of my professors spouted this evolutionary theory--but to everyone's surprise there is no evidence of the missing link . If you are so intelligent how did you get that way? Of yourself? Did you give yourself the intelligence you possesses Or did God Almighty give it to you? I hardly think that your brain is an evolved monkey brain.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:05 pm
@worldtraveler24,
There are HUNDREDS of "missing links" (except once that we know about them, they aint "missing" anymore no?) Confused Ive listed severl examples of "transitional fossils" in the past, as have severl others. Im not in a mood to dig em up or post em again. But , if you look at some mueusm or University web site, you can catch up on the various transitional fossils we know of. (AND THERE ARE A HUGE NUMBER OF THEM TODAY).
If you have a terminal degree (doctorate or Master of applied something... or Master of Fine arts... or Master of Business admin). Im assuming that your degrees are NOT in any sciences.

Quote:
All of my professors spouted this evolutionary theory--but to everyone's surprise there is no evidence of the missing link
I don't know how many of these professors you had but Im sorry they failed you. A PhD does not confer anything special. Its merely degree conferred upon one who stuck with a scut job and worked it out till publisheable end was achieved ( that's a 25 cent explanation).
I couldn't tune my diesel truck or fix a drill rig, yet I rely upon lots f really sharp people who can).

INtelligence isnt conferred, its developed.
giujohn

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:21 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
The human body is like no other
Wolud you like to hazzard a guess on how much alike our DNA is to a Chimpazee?
Tell me what is so intelligent about man's "design".
Quote:
Why is it that mankind still cannot transfigure himself from one place to another?

Because to do so would violate a basic law of the universe and that violation would result in the destruction of this universe. See: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:26 pm
@farmerman,
What the creationists are wanting is a fossil of a "missing link" like a turtle-bird ;one that is exactly have turtle half bird. (or something akin)
Of course none will ever be found because evolution does not work that way.
And they know that!
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:43 pm
@giujohn,
Well, in a way it does. We have many intermediates of "Lizard birds" and "bird lizrds" or "fishapods" or "whales with feet". Ive given several over the last few years and several other members have posted some very good examples that they found from the literature .
To deny that these fossils mean anything is about the bottom rung of ignorance
giujohn

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:31 pm
@farmerman,
LOL...stop being reasonabe...they want to see a real flying turtle...ie., a turtle with wings!!!
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:13 am
@giujohn,
well, we have birds with teeth , or reptiles with wings and beaks.

Creation Ministries DOT COM. Is now pushing some kaka on their website that there Is now "hard evidence" that dinosaurs and humans lived together. Apparently there is a new batch of bogus Cretaceous " fossil footprints" somewhere in the US and elsewhere that some kids carved with toes to look like
human footprints among the masses of dinosaur footprints.
This kind of **** happens every several decades apart when the "last" frauds are forgotten. The "Paluxey River fossil footprint fraud" has been forgotten and these new ones are in Utah AND AUstralia.

giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:25 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah I saw that when I was a kid....they called it, "The Flinstones"
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 08:52 am
My follower posters,

Let's just suppose that evolution were true in the totality that you all propose. What limits are there? What was the origin of the first living organism?

With that said here is the correct explanation of creationism and intelligent design:

I do actually believe in "evolution" but not in the way that you all do. God created everything --He is the MASTER designer and that is why the DNA of a Chimpanzee is closely related to that of a human. God chose to make them closely related. A monkey also has bones as we do but that within itself does not support the theory that all life came from the same original organism--it simply means that the Master designer used the same materials in a monkey as he did a human.

If you are a builder and you decide to build a frame house on one corner and a concrete house on another is that not your prerogative as a master builder? But within each house you can use dry wall and copper electrical wire and even PVC pipe or pex, etc. Just because you choose to use the same kinds of materials in both houses does not mean that they both came from the same physical origin. This is simple enough to understand. What happened is that the Master builder decided to use the same materials in all His creation but that does not mean that one house came out of another.

Would you consider that your ancestors were lizards? Why is it that you only consider the Chimpanzee? When and how did the Chimpanzee originate? Here is where we differ. Evolution works within each created animal. Take the resistance of antibiotics in your body. After you take them too much the bacteria build up a resistance. This is a form of evolution but you don't see weed monsters coming from the resistant bacteria. Intelligent design gave each created animal and human the ability to adapt to its environment. That is what God created in each of us.

There are no missing links because Humans did not evolve from the monkeys. God made the monkey and the human. Cannot the Master designer make a lizard-bird? We still have dinosaurs with us today--look at the alligator. He has been around for a long time.

Let's not deny God in our lives nor in the world. It is not anti science to believe that God is the creator of the world and all of the animals within it.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:42 am
@worldtraveler24,
you are, what many are, a believer in "theistic evolution"
You agree on most of the points of evolution but not the cause.
Your example of Humans did not rise from monkeys I almost right. Humans didn't arise from chimp but both chimps an humans arose from a common ancestor so there are indeed, if not "missing links" there are missing connectors" or "cousins".
Your view is at least a realistic end members view. You don't try to deny things for which there are mountains of good evidence>

The only thing is, where do you hve room for any research? It seems that all the research for evolutionary modes is left to the scientist who use a scientific method based upon assumed natural means, not supernatural means.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:44 am
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:

Would you consider that your ancestors were lizards?
long enough back, our ancestors were fish. When we look at all our genomes we are surprised how closely aligned all the species are.
worldtraveler24

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:59 am
@farmerman,
see- we are not so far way after all! Thanks for the post.