The more speeches Bush give, the more his polls drop

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
How long will it take Karl Rove to figure out that every time Bush gives a speech, his poll approval ratings drop. Maybe Bush should be locked in a closet and let Saturday Night Live actors make speeches for him. ---BBB

Bush's Speechifying
Stephen Schlesinger

So George W. has a new strategy on Iraq -- he's going to go to the people and convince them of the rightness of his course by giving a series of speeches around the country to tell them the "truth" about how we are going to achieve "victory." The simple persuasiveness of his logic, the formidable strength of his argument, the compelling leadership qualities of his presidency (repeat 9/11) are all going to be enough to overcome resistance on the Iraqi war.

Sounds familiar? Yes. That is what he also accomplished in his famous campaign for Social Security "reform" just a few short months ago that resulted in such resounding success. And taking a cue from an earlier presidency -- the LBJ regime -- he is delivering his speeches only at military bases, starting with Annapolis earlier this week. This will surely rally the nation around him just as it did old Lyndon. Right? Just a thought...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 393 • Replies: 4
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:22 pm
Reminds my of the old saying about how it's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and leave no doubt.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:28 pm
DrewDad
DrewDad wrote:
Reminds my of the old saying about how it's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and leave no doubt.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm trying to restrain myself so I don't display republican hubris.

BBB
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:05 pm
No doubt about it, the Republican leadership has well and truly stepped on their collective dick.

My fear is that the opposition's leadership has done the same....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:20 pm
Send the man child back to the ranch where he can ride his bikey and choppy choppy fire wood. We'll send him fake memos, "Everything fine Ms. President.Your the best president ever. You deserve a vacation." Put why bother he doesn't read them.
0 Replies