I want to be unresponsible and quit my job

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:07 pm
Again.... I hate this place and I have stuck it out for a year and a half

We don't work as a team here at all.... it is like high school all over again except with adults... we have cliques and all

My boss ignores me and then only time she talks to me is when she needs me to do something for her or if she is in a bad mood and wants to piss everyone else off

The other employees take their attitudes out on me and I understand that they don't mean to but they don't take my feelings into consideration....

I just need to vent badly before I explode and quit, I just want to walk out and say "now that you ignore me, see what it is like without me really being here" or something along that lines...

How do you guys put up with jobs that make you so miserable that when you wake up in the morning you don't want to face the day because you know how unhapy you are there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,351 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:09 pm
Get your resume in shape and start putting it out. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to fix this job. Good luck.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:11 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Get your resume in shape and start putting it out. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to fix this job. Good luck.

My resume is basically ready to go, but with the hours I work I can't bring it anywhere and if fax it over and they do want to interview me, I can't get time off of work to do so

and it should have said Irresponsible, sorry about that one Embarrassed
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:13 pm
Put your resume online, monster.com for example. Then try to set up multiple interviews over the course of one or two days...and call in sick for those days.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:14 pm
I have no more sick days until January and they are strick on being absent from work and they get all pissy.... yet they take 3 hours of of their day to go get their hair done

I have tried monster.com before and I got alot of temp agencies calling me, which isn't what I am looking for
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:23 pm
Providing you had your resume ready and you were able to attend interviews, what are the chance of you getting a job right away?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:58 pm
The longest i have ever been without a job was for about 2 weeks... I am qualified for a few things and I know how to carry myself on a job interview I guess

I don't think I would have to much difficulty finding a new job and I have thought a few times about quitting here and taking a week or so off to find a job... but then I would be taking a risk, in case i couldn't find another job

The only reason I stay here is because of the hours they have me working and the benefits... I don't even make good money for what I do.. maybe that is why I slack off so much
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:07 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
I have no more sick days until January and they are strick on being absent from work and they get all pissy.... yet they take 3 hours of of their day to go get their hair done

I have tried monster.com before and I got alot of temp agencies calling me, which isn't what I am looking for

This is not a problem (the no sick days 'til January thing, that is), because most places are in full-blown holiday mode and not hiring right now.

Slappy is right about Monster -- and if you got temp agencies calling you, that's not the worst thing in the world. Use the 'net to your advantage. Also, one thing about posting online now is that it can take a few weeks for everything to kick in and for people to see your listing, so if you do it now, you should be able to start setting things up for early January.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:36 pm
I had a lot of crap companies calling me, too. Then I was contacted by my company's recruiter who saw my resume on there. And you can use monster to send your resume to jobs that appeal to you.

You should hook up with a headhunter as well.
0 Replies

pixieprincess08

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:09 pm
Job Stress...And what i did
To be honest with you i know exactly how you feel. I worked in a care facility for one year. The pay was good, and the job itself, but the people i had to work with just pissed me off. Id have so much stress from it, Id come home and get in fights with my family from all the drama. I finally gave up and quit. I was very reliant on the pay i was receiving, but it's not worth having all the worldly pleasures, having to put up with a job that ruins your integrity, and causes depression. Now, I am much more happier working for almost 3 dollars less, just knowing i don't have to put up with it. Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:49 pm
I was absolutely miserable because my job was so stressful and the workload outrageous. Silly me, I'm a perfectionist and I believe in putting the very best foot forward. Management snapped that up immediately and gave me EVERYTHING! They literally abused me.

It wasn't until I took a fantastic two week-holiday to Hawaii and came back completely refreshed, got stressed again and had a wee health scare, that I came to realize the very worst they could do to me was fire me for working like any other normal human being (I do not need to be superwoman!). I guess the stress of worrying about having no money or no job, having to pay rent & bills, etc., etc., etc., was weighing me down. Now I realize that I can get a job anywhere and I'd take less pay just to get by if I had to. I tell my bosses that I am leaving at 5:30pm and, after the initial shocked faces, I dared them to say anything. I now take a lunch break. I don't take work home with me. I don't work weekends, and if I have to fly anywhere I make them pay for an overnight hotel if it's an early morning meeting (instead of getting up at 3am for an early flight). I also ask for, and got, a substantial raise (for doing less work!)

If you really want to - you can go for an interview. Heck if they can take time off for their crap then you do the same. Your getting nagged to death as it is, what's one more complaint to you? Putting up with this stuff is really leading toward depression. If you hate it so much, then find something else and get out. If the next one is a mistake, look again. Keep going until you do find one that doesn't make you want to shoot yourself in the head every morning!
0 Replies

LoneHaranger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:30 pm
Crazylady, I just want to add to what jespah said. December really is the worst time of year to look for employment. Most places are looking at their end-of-year expenses and figuring out the budget for the next year.

Things always pick up in January. There should be plenty more job opps out there. Hang in there, and in January start your job search!
0 Replies