http://www.alternet.org/story/28583/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 11
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:50 pm
Many who voted Republican are not true Republicans but somehow got hoodwinked into the Republican camp. Hopefully they will re-think their positions and take action.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:55 am
talk72000 wrote:
Many who voted Republican are not true Republicans but somehow got hoodwinked into the Republican camp. Hopefully they will re-think their positions and take action.

I see how it works now:

If you voted Democrat, you voted your concience and for what you truly believed in.

If you voted Republican, you must have been tricked, flim flamed or bamboozled into it?

You need to get in touch with reality talk72000.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:43 am
Fedral wrote:
talk72000 wrote:

I see how it works now:

If you voted Democrat, you voted your concience and for what you truly believed in.

If you voted Republican, you must have been tricked, flim flamed or bamboozled into it?

You need to get in touch with reality talk72000.

He has spoken with reality at length. You seem to be on hold. :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 08:50 am
What bothers me about the last 3 or 4 Presidential Elections is that I felt there was not a good choice between the candidates. Neither the Dem or Repug candidatesc represented "my concience". therefore, you vote for the one who more closely represented my core values.

That happend to be the Republican Candidate. Yet, that candidate either lost or turned into what we have in the WH today.

I see that each party has moved from their "center" to more extreme positions. So when I read articles such as this, it tells me that, Democrats, will be forced to changes the things they say in order to win an election. The article does not say the Democrats will changes what the BELIEVE, only what they SAY.

For this reason, I can never trust a Democrat to be honest.

As a matter of fairness, I will never trust a Republican to be honest either.

In 2006, I hope that every incumbant is voted out of office and the process is repeated in the house in 2008. The voters must take the security blanket away from politicians and force them to do the PEOPLES work, not the special interests work.

I doubt that will happen if the hard core partisenship demonstrated on A2K is any indication of the voting public.
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 09:33 am
woiyo wrote:
. therefore, you vote for the one who more closely represented my core values.

Naw, anymore you vote for the one who's name you can say out loud without throwing up your entire dinner. There is no candidate who represent anyone but themselves. Perhaps the presidency should be a lottery - only folks who don't want the job can have it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:10 am
Term limits would do wonders.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:20 am
woiyo wrote:
What bothers me about the last 3 or 4 Presidential Elections is that I felt there was not a good choice between the candidates.

Let me just take this rare moment to completely agree with woiyo, on this anyway.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
ditto
ps

nice to see you again quacker
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:39 am
You too, p.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:22 pm
From what I gather is that the two party system is broke.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:40 pm
talk72000 wrote:
From what I gather is that the two party system is broke.

I don't think it's the system that's broke. It's just that the two parties have become clones of each other.
0 Replies