If life after death is proven real would you commit suicide?

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:14 pm
Quote:
["normal", what's that?]

Marmalade
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:15 pm
I'm not normal, but I'm still scared.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:26 pm
I'm cuddly really Chatoyant Twisted Evil

I love to hear from the person who voted yes!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:26 pm
Seville orange marmalade I hope!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:38 pm
I would not kill myself. If life after death existed it would be able to wait until my finite life on earth ended.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 05:18 pm
Okay, BoGo, I'll bite. What is "Seville orange marmalade?" c.i.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 05:23 pm
Basically Marmalade is a preserve made from Oranges with bits of rind inside.

Selville Oranges are a tasty variaty of Orange so you would hope that Seville orange marmalade would taste yummy!

Order some, you might love it.

Quote:
Seville Orange Marmalade

With their refreshing, sharp flavour, Seville oranges make great marmalade. Also, unlike sweet oranges, their pith becomes transparent and glistening when cooked with sugar, resulting in a bright, sparkling preserve. Make sure you use a suitable preserving sugar. The season for Seville oranges is short, usually lasting only a few weeks in January. So it is worth making a batch of marmalade now to enjoy the flavour throughout the year. Cut the peel as thickly or thinly as you prefer, according to taste. This task should not be rushed and is one of the pleasures of making marmalade.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 05:56 pm
Squeeze another no in there from me. I have far to many people to torture before I leave and just hope I have enough time to cover all the bases.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:10 pm
Now I cannot commit suicide without tasting taost and marmalade again!!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:28 pm
Nope Nada Never
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:50 am
No, no, no, Dek, C.I.;

Seville Orange marmalade is what the "aristocracy" have for breakfast.
You see, they only put "civil" dressings on their toast!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:49 am
Why couldn't it be both? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:50 pm
Very Happy bogowo and CI
0 Replies

ckjy1234

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 07:03 am
I vote no. I think life is a miracle ,life is a chance, life is a gift. Life gives you enough time to look at the world; life gives you enough time to achive your dream;life gives you enough time to challenge yourself. I enjoy it!!!!
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:21 am
Commit suicide? Too late!

Many people grow up under extreme conditions, and to acheive absolute dedication to a cause or a task, they perform a dying ceremony. It can be a formalized ritual, or just a moment in time.

The result is that person considers themselves dead from then on. They died. They loosen up and relax, perform directly and ruthlessly with utmost dedication and focus, because nothing important matters anymore. Their natural life is over as they know it. They have ceased to exist. Only their body physically goes on.

I've met a few, and they are scary people. Life after death would not change much for them, because almost everything is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:30 am
.. and what if that life after death is a shitty one? Do we know it's better? What do I come back as? A slug, a piece of wood, Brad Pitts underwear, what? All these things make a difference, so "No" is my answer. This is not such a crappy experience that I want to move on just yet. It would be nice to know it doesn't all end here, but knowing that ain't gonna make me cut this trip short.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 02:15 pm
Some religions believe you will be reincarnated as the very last thing you saw as you died. So if you have a heart attack, fall down and stare at a mosquito, then there you go ... you're now a mosquito, just because it was on your mind.

I'm going to stare at Bill Gates every minute until I die.
Hopefully I won't come back as a worm.

If you could put in a request, who would you come back as?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 08:31 am
I am not ready to move on yet, but I would consider suicide if I knew that a better existence in the afterlife was certain and:

1. I were suffering from an incurable disease

2. Someone I loved had died and I did not want to live without them

3. My life was miserable

4. I had fulfilled my goals in life and was now a drain on the earth's resources

5. My death would serve a larger purpose
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 08:41 am
I would not want to come back as a lower animal because I do not think that they have the capability for sentience. Where is the fun of flitting from flower to flower if you are not consciously aware of the colors?

I would like to come back as a colonist on Mars, or better yet become a free spirit who could roam the universe.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 02:43 pm
ckjy. WELCOME to A2K. c.i.
0 Replies