Congressional Oversight of Executive Disappears (or almost)

Mortkat

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 03:34 am
George OB1- I again must say that you are correct. However, I am very much afraid that I am quicker to take umbrage than you are especially when I view pure what I consider pure stupidity at work.

RECENT AND COGENT CASE IN POINT-

A Canadian was interviewed on a cable channel. He suggested that the outbreak of violence in Toronto( which has had quite a few killings this year) was mainly due to( hold your breath) "GUNS BEING SMUGGLED INTO CANADA FROM THE USA" He hinted that if we had "better" gun controls that would not occur and Toronto would be safer.

I think they call it Chutzpah. I call it patronizing and puerile effrontery.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:05 pm
blatham wrote:
Mortkat

Let us, in this brief moment, refresh our relationship before I continue on ignoring everything you write.

I think of us rather like that old cliche...two ships in the night. A cruiser and a rowboat. Collisions don't work out in your favor.

But I'm glad I did read this post above. "Americans indulging in masturbatory self-delight and delusionary narcissim" is a fine sentence fragment and it was fun to read it. Frankly less fun, but for all that, still brightly illuminating is your allusion to blashphemy tied, as it you've tied it, to your status as "loyal American".

Your words suggest that you enjoy a spirited sense of nationalist identity. Oddly, nothing else about you suggests joy in any sense of that word which a smiling baby or Mark Twain might recognize, nor even a robustly extruded fece.

Now, you might conjure up for our delectation a picture of, say, the Queen or the Canadian Prime Minister or each and every member of the Canadian population engaged in sex with a brace of farm animals. This would be fine with me. In fact if you did, I might even now and again - let's be generous and say twice per year rather than the present once - read a post of yours.

Blatham, I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that once you have read a few posts by Morkat aka Massagatto, you never have to read anything of his again. He repeats the same tired old garbage over & over & over.

For example, what he doesn't know about the Canadian Health system would fill an encylopedia..... or Two.

I find your response to him to be most truthful & amusing
0 Replies