Repairmen Appointments

Linkat

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:09 pm
So my husband is out of town and I go to wash my clothes and the washer will not work - it will not spin - just makes this noise like it is unbalanced (this without any clothes in it).

I call a place that is supposed to give same day service. They told me that a repairman is in the area and he will arrive between 12:00 - 4:00. Having two children I need my washer, so I agree to stay home. At 4:10 no repairman. I leave a nice message asking if he is coming over and to please call me back. Another hour passes - I call again with an angry message. In the mean time I call another place and he says he will come 9:00am next morning.

I do get a call back. I am told that the repairman did come by at 2:15, however, no one answered the door. I said I was home the entire time - I had a friend over during that time and I had the front door open. I feel guilty - thinking maybe I didn't hear him. My husband thinks he lied. Think he lied? Am I just gullible?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:28 pm
He lied.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:52 pm
Thanks Roger - I just have a guilty conscience. I think it was my Catholic upbringing. Can you believe it makes me feel guilty that I made an appointment with some one else?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:09 pm
Linkat wrote:
Thanks Roger - I just have a guilty conscience. I think it was my Catholic upbringing.

I can relate to the Catholic guilt, Linkat. Years after the religious experience, even! Very Happy
Doesn't sound like the repairman made it, to me. Familiar story! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:21 pm
I had the phone company out for an outside repair a few months ago. He fixed the problem and left a form on the door indicating what he had done. Him, I believe. It's a nice, professional tradition. No note; no believe. It is hard to leave a note on an open door, though. Go ahead with the guilt.
0 Replies