Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:25 pm
Re: Work from home
Chicka wrote:
Hi,
any ideas on legit work from home.
No MLM
Thank you.
Olga.

Outside sales? I work from home, meaning my home is my office. I still have to leave to travel to appointments. A lot of outside sales jobs are like this.

You could open an online retail store...ebay store, something like that.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:29 pm
What's your background, Olga? What field are you in? It's hard to give advice without knowing a person's skills and resume.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:40 pm
I've been eking out an income (if not a very large one) by doing freelance writing and editing. There are a lot of jobs out there, but it's hard to break in (they want experience), and once in, most of the jobs are very short-term. That goes for part-time jobs, anyway, which are the ones I'm most interested in. I have the impression that full-time editing jobs, once landed, tend to be more long-term.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:55 pm
In-call prostitue.
0 Replies

Chicka

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:35 pm
Quote:
What's your background, Olga? What field are you in? It's hard to give advice without knowing a person's skills and resume.

Hi,
My background is Russian. Right now I work as a waitress. I came to Canada 4 years ago. Back home I completed 4 years of University, but I didn't graduate. I was majoring in teaching English as a second language.
Thank you.
0 Replies

Chicka

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:37 pm
Quote:
I've been eking out an income (if not a very large one) by doing freelance writing and editing. There are a lot of jobs out there, but it's hard to break in (they want experience), and once in, most of the jobs are very short-term. That goes for part-time jobs, anyway, which are the ones I'm most interested in. I have the impression that full-time editing jobs, once landed, tend to be more long-term.

How did you get in,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 03:12 pm
A friend of mine started out selling a few nicknacks online (his own site, not ebay). He developed a good mail order business and has now expanded to a brick-and-mortar store in a small shopping center.

One thing -- it took over a year of 18-20 hour days, seven days a week, and living in a warehouse (boxes of product all over his apartment), but he did it. And is now making a very good living!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 03:41 pm
Hi Chicka, just saw your question, sorry...

To start with I have a degree in English with an emphasis on creative writing, so I had some credentials. Still, I had to keep applying to many different jobs before I was able to get one -- they all wanted experience. (Even editing jobs wanted to see what you'd written to get an idea of your skills.) What ended up happening was that I submitted a writing piece to an online magazine, it was accepted, and then the next editing job I applied for, I referred to it as a writing sample. I got that editing job, and then had an editing job to put on my resume, which led to more...

I still have to work at finding new gigs, and it was a lot of thankless and frustrating work before I started making any money.
0 Replies

Chicka

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 05:17 pm
Quote:
Hi Chicka, just saw your question, sorry...

To start with I have a degree in English with an emphasis on creative writing, so I had some credentials. Still, I had to keep applying to many different jobs before I was able to get one -- they all wanted experience. (Even editing jobs wanted to see what you'd written to get an idea of your skills.) What ended up happening was that I submitted a writing piece to an online magazine, it was accepted, and then the next editing job I applied for, I referred to it as a writing sample. I got that editing job, and then had an editing job to put on my resume, which led to more...

I still have to work at finding new gigs, and it was a lot of thankless and frustrating work before I started making any money.

Thank you for sharing information
0 Replies