Three Truths and a Lie.

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 11:50 am
Those are great, Visitor! I'm guessing #4.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 11:51 am
#1, Visitor?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 12:06 pm
Regarding my entry:
macsm11 wrote:
1. I passed the test to be a contestant on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but flunked the interview.
2. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian.
3. Matthew Broderick asked me what I thought about him doing a Godzilla remake.
4. I was the first person to ride in an ambulance at Walt Disney World.

Sugar was correct - #2 is the lie. But Sugar, I'm certain that I've never mentioned the ambulance story here...but it's a true story. My family visited Disney World in 1971(?) shortly after it opened. I had a severe asthma attack and had my first and only ambulance ride in their spanking-new ambulance.

Matthew Broderick starred in a play that I stage-managed in 1997. I was driving him home from rehearsal - he was reading a fax from his manager - and he said something along the lines of: "They want me to do a remake of Godzilla. What do you think?" (not that he really valued my opinion on his career or anything Very Happy - he was just being a nice guy, as always.) As I recall, my response was "Sounds kind of cheesy."
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 12:28 pm
Spot on Macsm11 ther's no fooling you.

The abseiling was part of a management week in the wild, we also walked though a disused railway tunnel a mile long at midnight alone, it was PITCH black, I found that a little unnerving
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 12:29 pm
Visitor, I think #4 too
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:14 pm
I can hardly imagine Jon Voigt dancing with anyone. So my guess is #2.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:31 pm
Can I play? Can I? Can I?

1. My father has over 30 patents.
2. I was President of my sorority and won a regional award.
3. I went to High School with Ally Sheedy.
4. I have taken at least 300 depositions.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:33 pm
oooh, these are tough, Jespah - I'm guessing #2.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:38 pm
1,2,3 very credible, Jespah. I go with #4.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:41 pm
Nope and nope.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:43 pm
#1? (Somehow, going to school with Ally Sheedy seems more plausible! Very Happy)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:43 pm
fbaezer, you are correct! (I threw that one in there because everyone else keeps mentioning celebrities.) #4 is too true...my bad sense of direction is legendary. #3 is also true...my great-grandfather's Christian name was John, but everyone called him Blackjack. Never allowed his photo to be taken (what a shame.) He was superstitious about cameras, so the family story goes...but I've always wondered why he left Ireland all alone as a young man...could it have been under less-than-honorable circumstances? There is a novel there just waiting to be written... #1 is true, too...I was only 23 at the time. A defining career moment.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:45 pm
I will guess #3 for Jespah...I bet she threw in a celebrity angle just like I did.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:54 pm
Ancestors:

1. My parents' wedding was indefinitely postponed because my dad's ex-wife protested in the middle of the ceremony.
2. My father was scouted by the Washington Senators, but never made it past minor leagues.
3. My mother went to school with Fidel Castro
4. Her father (my grandpa) killed seven people.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:56 pm
It's #3. I didn't go to High School with Ally, but my husband went to elementary school with her and her sister, and also with Rip Torn's son, Tony (Bank Street School for Children).

1. Dad has invented a bunch of lighting and electrical stuff.
2. Pi Beta Phi sorority, Massachusetts Alpha branch, President in 1982. Won the Alpha Regional Chapter Service Award in 1983.
4. I only practiced law for about 3 1/2 years, but handled depositions 2 or 3 times per week (sometimes more) during that time. Hence, I've probably taken about 300 - 325 or so depositions. Depositions are called EBTs (Examinations Before Trial) in New York, so my colleagues used to call me the EBT Queen. :-D
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:00 pm
fbaezer, I guess #4.

PS Sofia - I love this game! :-D

My ancestors:

1. A cousin left San Francisco the day before the big earthquake in the early 1900s.
2. My paternal grandmother travelled here in steerage, in a boat called the Rindam.
3. A cousin (we're Jewish) married a man named Sam Hitler.
4. My mother's uncle was a small-time loan shark for the Jewish mafia (Murder, Incorporated).
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:05 pm
Not fair!

fbaezer has lived about three fascinating lives!!!

I say #2, fbaezer.

jespah! So glad you joined in. I say #4.

You people are much to interesting!!!!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:07 pm
Number 4 is incorrect, Jespah. My grandfather drove a train for a living. During his working life, his train ran over people several times: one person threw himself under the train, the other six, in different accidents (one of the dead was deaf, but he sure must have felt the train's rumbling).
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:09 pm
Sofia is right. My father did not play baseball.

Jespah, I go for #4, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:10 pm
My #4 is true.
0 Replies