Three Truths and a Lie.

the prince

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:20 am
Dare I play this game.....

1. I am a trained glider pilot
2. I used to sing on stage till smoking ruined my voice (though some people say that I should not have given it up since my voice became more husky)
3. I was a very healthy child and regularly used to use my size to intimidate other children
4. I suffer from extreme low self esteem, and have come close to killing myself during acute bouts of depression
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:48 am
Nimh, As were yours.

gautam, I'm guessing 3. Why? I have no idea.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:55 am
I'm going with #3 for Gautam too, only because I think he has talked about the other things on A2K, but I am still not sure about #2.

As for me, #3 is indeed the lie. Once at summer camp, I went out sailing with some friends, during a storm warning. We actually stole the boat, heh heh. We also totalled it. In the choppy waters, we attempted to turtle the thing, then we all jumped on the other side yelling "Hike!" Eventually the thing turned over, and we lost the rudder, or whatever they call it. They had to send out a speedboat to rescue us, which we dived off of halfway back to camp, so they had to come out again. We were banned for life from sailing, but hey, it was our last year at that camp, so what the hell? Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:08 am
Cav, So you've got a collection of stuffed animals? Care to expand on this? This enquiring mind wants to know more.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:14 am
They are no longer cuddled, lol. When Mrs. cav and I got involved, stuffed animals were frequent gifts to each other, so we have ammassed a collection. I do however, still have my very first stuffed animal, which I got when I was a baby. Half the stuffing has come out of him, and his wires are showing, and he long ago lost his nose. These days, I call him Thread-Bear. Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 08:21 am
Aww, stuffed aminals. How sweet!

I'm guessing #1 for Gautam. #3 & #4 seem to go together. And I can easily imagine him on stage.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 12:03 am
A- ha!

Here it is, Roberta.

I forgot to include one interesting/surprising thing. I was elected to political office in my youth--in da Bronx.
------------
For a moment, I thought I had you confused with Mamajuana. She has a pretty impressive political career, as well. But, my feeble memory must've recalled your comment, above.

Anyhoo-- thanks for finding it for me. Very Happy
------------
Gautum---#3? I can't see you as ever being husky or bully-like.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 01:05 am
I think for Gautum it's 3 as well I just can't see it being 4 lol

hmm lemme see...

I've faught some of the best no holds barred fighters in the world (and sometimes won)

I've jumped from an airplane at 30,000 feet naked

I come from an extremely wealthy family

Bill Goldberg is sleeping on my couch right now
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 02:31 am
Laughing

Bloody hell, I am that transparent am I ? Either that or I talk way too much here !! Laughing

#3 is a lie

1. I have over 1200 hrs of flying in an unpowered glider. I dont do it now, due to lack of time and lack of proper gliding facilities in the UK (after all, you do need hot air for soaring - which in UK is only above the parliament house). It is one of my life's greatest pleasures, to be up in the air, without any noise or vibrations, and just the eagles to keep you company.

2. I have made several stage appearances in India during my teenage and was a much sought after singer in school, club functions. Even now I sing, though completely out of key and only in the shower. I love singing urdu poetry called Gazhals.

3. Is a lie - I was a very very sickly child, and twice before I was 3 yrs old, came very close to leaving the world. Much to the respite of my parents, I hung on, so that I can terrorize you folks now Wink

4. This is true. Though depression bouts are far and few in between, and much less intense, they still occur - during which I turn into a very dark person. Some years ago, during such a bout, I sat infront of a open bottle of sleeping pills for 3 hrs, seriousy contemplating swallowing the whole bottle. Now when I think back on that occassion, it was scary.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 03:12 am
we are glad you didn't swollow them but then again you probably would have got your stomach pumped in time as these things happen.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 03:32 am
safecracker, I really want to believe that Bill Goldberg is sleeping on your couch right now. Just because of that, I'm going with #3.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 04:24 am
Actually he left but ya he was lol (old family friend of my wifes) He was here to give my wife her birthday gift since he will be busy on that day (sept 25th) he ended up staying the night because we had a few drinks talking about careers and we all agreed nobody should drive.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 04:25 am
My wife is gonna ****...we love Goldberg, and think he is being badly used these days by WWE. Laughing
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 04:28 am
Ya, he really is and I believe he sees it too. He is working on further contracts with hosting Pride. He was going to train for it but he took time off to train and decided it was too hard on him...he actually trained under 1 of my trainers (Renzo Gracie) and Chuck liddell.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 04:36 am
It'll be another hour and a half till I can tell her...but I gotta....he has some long-standing injuries, yes?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 04:48 am
Yes he does, not as extensive as WWE makes it sound but that is the reason he retired from football.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:33 am
Gautum--
Chilling explanation to #4. Bless your sweet heart. So thankful for your decision. Hope you never go to that place again.

The gliding must be as close as we can get to soaring like a bird. Sounds serene.

All--
Such wonderful contributions!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:41 am
Sofia wrote:
Gautum--
Chilling explanation to #4. Bless your sweet heart. So thankful for your decision. Hope you never go to that place again.

Me too !! But there are no guarantees in life Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 02:05 pm
(kissing Gautam's cheek) I understand completely. You must promise us to come here and let us know if it ever gets that bad again. Okay?

Shoot, I guessed wrong. Wasn't so sure about the "very healthy child" part, but bullying is so often associated with low self-esteem. Actually, I'm very glad to know you weren't that type. And for the life of me, I cannot understand why the bad self image. You are bright, witty, charming, and (assuming you are telling the truth!) attractive. What's not to love?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
I've seen pictures, Eva! He's telling the truth. Very Happy
0 Replies