Scientists Confirm the Signs of God

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:41 am
Ah, the gospel according to Jerry. Love that one, Algis.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 08:56 pm
J_B wrote:
n_d_c,

I could bite and take you to task for your post but after telling those who are willing to participate in a discussion as adults how much I appreciate their efforts, I refuse to stoop to your level. As I said above,

Quote:
one can search and make life decisions on what one finds but to suppose one's personal truth has meaning for another is specious.

JB,
I quoted the Holy Bible. I want you to know, it is YOUR responsibility to teach your daughter and because of what you stated, it seems to me you are failing as a teacher in that respect. It sounds to me, you will scorn her for any decision she makes if it is not what YOU believe.

What do you mean "stoop"? The way I see it, you are not higher than me, and therefore "to stoop" is irrelevant.

Why would you take scripture as my being immature anyway?
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 09:27 pm
MB,

I would not tell you to look under a rock to find the truth, because I know you would never find it there.

I can however tell you this. Truth is:

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36
If the Son therefore make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Now you have ALL you will ever need to find the truth. I wish it for you, since I know that all Jesus could ever want is for all His sheep to be found.

Now it is up to you.

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:15, 16,17
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it up again.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

John 14:14-18
14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Sincerely,
Non-Denon Christian
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:20 am
In Genesis, God parted pre-existent water that filled the Universe into two halves. One above and the other below. In the middle God created Heaven, a firmament meant to hold back the water above, and Earth. Earth is a consolidation of land and the water below was consolidated into the oceans and seas. This implies a Flat Earth. Either God lied or the Bible writers made up itup theorizing the Creation of the Universe.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 08:14 am
C'mon, now, talk7200 - its well established the stuff that doesn't fit with fact is allegory - at least insofar as there might be no exculpatory fairytale rationalization readily at hand. Everyone knows the Bible means precisely what its proponent-of-the-moment means it to mean.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 04:59 pm
non-denom christian wrote:
J_B wrote:
n_d_c,

I could bite and take you to task for your post but after telling those who are willing to participate in a discussion as adults how much I appreciate their efforts, I refuse to stoop to your level. As I said above,

Quote:
one can search and make life decisions on what one finds but to suppose one's personal truth has meaning for another is specious.

JB,
I quoted the Holy Bible. I want you to know, it is YOUR responsibility to teach your daughter and because of what you stated, it seems to me you are failing as a teacher in that respect. It sounds to me, you will scorn her for any decision she makes if it is not what YOU believe.

What do you mean "stoop"? The way I see it, you are not higher than me, and therefore "to stoop" is irrelevant.

Why would you take scripture as my being immature anyway?

n_d_c,

Of course you were quoting the bible. Any four year old can parrot the alphabet but they haven't a clue what the letters mean. Any child can parrot scripture, but quoting scripture to make a point demonstrates the level of a spiritual child. People oftentimes stoop to speak to children, I chose not to do so.

I'm not sure how you got what you did from my post. The conclusion you drew was the opposite of the one intended. Our children are taught the tenets of all the worlds religions and choose for themselves how much of each makes sense to them. The point made was my daughter's, not mine. She was making HER point that she was not convinced the historical Jesus ever lived. It has nothing to do with what I believe. I admired her decision to stay outside our line, my scorn was in not understanding what she was doing. At first I thought she was refusing to participate (which would also have been her choice, but as the teacher I would have been irritated if she was just pulling a stunt). Once she explained why she had gone to the far left I was quite proud of her ability for independent thought.

You are correct, it is MY responsibility to teach my daughter and I'm teaching her to be an adult. One who can think for herself and not depend on Solomon or parroting scripture from any source to make her point.

I take particular notice of your reference to P: 13:24 (I think you were mistaken in attributing it to 5:24) Any supposed adult who advocates hitting children to keep them in line should be admitted to a lion's den at dinner time. Only a child would hit another child and feel justified in doing so.

I don't know if you have children n_d_c, but sitting in judgement on someone else's parenting, when you seem to be extremely childish and misguided is another sign of spiritual immaturity.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
The excuse has always been if it doesn't fit as explicitly written then it is allegory. At least for science written by men if it does not fit as explicitly written it is revised and there is no excuse about it being an allegory. The Bible supposedly by an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god cannot even meet the standard of mere mortal man
0 Replies