Scientists Confirm the Signs of God

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:31 am
Algis.Kemezys wrote:
Recently they discovered that slime put in a labyrinth of water will find the correct route to the food at the other end.It will not deviate in it's single minded purpose to find the shortest and correct route through the maze type labyrinth to the food source. Quite amazing isn't it?
Exactly the same thing happened in the kitchen sink at our place last week. I turned on the disposal. Was that wrong?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:32 am
Murder ! ! !
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:41 am
'Mornin, Set. How'r you today?
0 Replies

jstark

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
Good lord!

I thought I was going to have the first post! I had no idea the wolves had descended on this thread between clicking "post reply" and "submit"!

Are there any scraps left?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:47 am
Oh, there's plenty . . . and Our Hanna has several other threads to her credit already . . . it seems the fun is just beginnin'

Mornin', Neo, here, have a cold drink . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:50 am
And one fer you. Sorry I'm fresh outta Coke. http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/pepsi.gif
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:55 am
You've gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat us to the punch, jstark.

Though it does appear that sleeping in makes one a bit more polite.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:26 pm
Well as it turns out slime is a single celled creature that operates none less or more than a amoeba. It will grow extension pods to reach out and touch something. It's just necessary to know that even this super simple minded creature can distinguish food through the maze itself. Certainly this could teach us something about the desire to make contact with that which is devine. Now if food feeds you and a well feed stomach is naturally devine cross dressing of the reality of things to consume things to perhaps in return to reach out and touch someone.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:30 pm
book mark when i feel better
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 04:38 pm
Hiya husker honey!

You must be feeling a bit better, yes?

<hopeful look>
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
Algis.Kemezys wrote:
Well as it turns out slime is a single celled creature that operates none less or more than a amoeba. It will grow extension pods to reach out and touch something. It's just necessary to know that even this super simple minded creature can distinguish food through the maze itself. Certainly this could teach us something about the desire to make contact with that which is devine. Now if food feeds you and a well feed stomach is naturally devine cross dressing of the reality of things to consume things to perhaps in return to reach out and touch someone.
Just the same, I'll be more careful around the sink. Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:55 pm
This should have been posted under humor. It must be a joke.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 07:52 pm
Hana121,
I appreciate all your research!
Did you hear about the recent excavation at Goth? I heard on the radio they dug up an artifact from around 900 BC that contained the text "Goliath", referring to "David and Goliath".
What a truely amazing scientist God is!
Please ignore the mockery on this post as I have. Keep up with the great information.
The earth surely is getting old.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
As wonderful and heart-warming as it is to see the Christians embrace the Muslims (it is the same God, after all) I really have to point out that I absolutely am NOT mocking anyone's faith.

I am simply mocking the whole now you see it, now you don't "science" exhibited in the intial post.

Everyone has a right to believe what they want.

Additionally, we have no idea whether this is original thought or research by Hana.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:32 pm
I think mocking someone's faith is pretty poor form. I admit as a non-believer in any religion whatsoever I find all religions equally ridiculous but as for mocking someone's beliefs, that's not on.

However yer politics is fair game, as is yer sports team Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:43 pm
All the best jokes are taken. Sad
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:07 pm
Hanna's posts, besides being overly long, are notably lacking in logical development. If she would concentrate on proving a few points, there might be fewer satirical digressions. IMRO*

*In my recondite opinion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:55 pm
I see absolutely no reason to accede to special pleading for "faith." Politics are fair game because of the significance political events have for peoples lives. The wacko fringe of any religion is potentially dangerous, and even the garden variety parishoners believe they're right and everyone else is wrong, and want--at the least, secretly cherish the notion--to shove their "superior" belief down everyone else's throat.

As far as i'm concerned, i'll entertain no such special pleading. I may not call you a jackass, but i'm entitled to call your imaginary friend a jackass, and am very likely to do so.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:04 pm
It still isn't right to mock someone's faith. Forget the logic of it, it's just too personal. I mean we shouldn't mock someone's ethnicity or their sexual preferences either, I just think it's not on.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:04 pm
Set,
You wouldn't insult my imaginary friend Mr. Snickers, would you ?
0 Replies