Questioning what happened on 9/11 (MSNBC)

Zippo

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:22 pm
Professor believes planes didn't cause all the damage around the WTC

Quote:
MSNBC
Nov. 15, 2005

Millions of people watched the horror of 9/11 right before their very eyes, live on television. Two planes, crashing into the World Trade Center. Less than a couple of hours later, both towers, of course, collapsing.

On Monday, Tucker Carlson welcomed Brigham Young University Professor Steven Jones to the 'Situation.' Jones, a professor of physics, believes that the hijackers may not have brought down the towers by themselves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 681 • Replies: 13
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:14 pm
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
I.was.amazed how.quickly the steel work was disposed of considering a major crime had been committed unless ofcourse it is the criminals who are in charge to get rid of the evidence..
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:23 pm
Update...

Quote:
9/11 theorist clearly hits a nerve (Tucker Carlson)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/MSNBC_TV/Projects/TuckerSituation/SPAT_Untied3.jpg

We've never had an e-mail response like the one we got after Monday's segment with Stephen Jones, a professor in the department of physics and astronomy at Brigham Young University. Jones believes that the World Trade Center buildings were likely brought down by bombs, rather than by hijacked planes on 9-11. "Use of powerful, pre-positioned explosives in the WTC buildings would imply an 'inside job'," Jones writes in a paper available on the BYU website. "Clearly, we must find out what really caused the WTC skyscrapers to collapse as they did."

When one of my producers first told me about him, my first thought was: Stephen Jones is insane. And he may be. On the other hand, he does have a legitimate job and a responsible-sounding title. He's not living in the park, or writing me letters in crayon. How crazy could he really be? In the interest of open-mindedness, we booked him.

That was probably a mistake. Talking about 9-11 is a lot like discussing someone else's religion: You can do it, but you've got to tread carefully. Most of the time, it's best to stick to platitudes and move on. The subject is still too raw for debate, particularly here in the New York area. (The little town where I live lost six people on September 11th; the town next door lost more than 20.) Professor Jones wasn't up to the job. If you saw last night's show, you know what an uncomfortable six minutes it was. If not, I'll summarize: Jones was almost totally incapable of explaining his own ideas. By the end of the interview I understood no more about his hypothesis than when it began. He was an epically bad guest.

Yet - and here's the interesting part - he seemed to connect with a huge number of viewers. Some who e-mailed were offended that Jones would dare question the official version of 9-11. Some were confused by what he was trying to say. But the overwhelming majority wrote to thank me for my "courage" in putting him on, and to complain that we didn't give him more time to explain the conspiracy.

In other words, a lot of people seem to think it's possible that the U.S. government had a hand in bringing down the World Trade Center buildings.

Ponder that for a second: The U.S. government killed more than 3,000 of its own citizens. For no obvious reason. Then lied about it. Then invaded two other countries, killing thousands of their citizens as punishment for a crime they didn't commit.

If you really thought this - or even considered it a possibility - how could you continue to live here? You couldn't. You'd leave the United States on the next available flight and not come back. You'd have no choice. Continuing to pay taxes to a government capable of something so evil would make you complicit in the crime.

So of course most of the people who wrote to say they think the government might have been behind 9-11 don't really think the government might have been behind 9-11. For whatever reason, they just like to say so. Which as far as I'm concerned makes them phony and irresponsible.

Incidentally, we still have an open mind here on the Situation, even after Professor Stephen Jones. So if evidence ever does arise that the government lied substantially about what happened on September 11th, we'll be on it immediately. I promise.

MSNBC
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:31 pm
Thread number 5,598,338,304,782,673 on the conspiracy of 9/11.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:32 pm
In other words, Jones was not much of an expert, but he inspired controversy. And that's a good thing.

That pretty much sums up what you see on cable news shows...
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Thread number 5,598,338,304,782,673 on the conspiracy of 9/11.

Ah ha, talking about very large numbers...

The entire 9/11 Commission only spent $15 million while all expenditures on Clinton's indiscretions exceeded $65 million. Now just ask yourself, does that add up?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:47 pm
So this thread is really about Clinton? Amazing...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:55 pm
I think I've got a good one. You see, Gore was so mad that Bush won the election, he is the one who conspired with democrat congressmen to cause 9/11. Gore hired people to wire the building to explode shortly after the planes hit. Kerry provided the financing using his wife's millions. Can't you see how it all fits together??

See, these conspiracy theories can lead you almost anywhere.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
D'artagnan wrote:

Very Happy nice try.....derailing the thread
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:01 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
I think I've got a good one. You see, Gore was so mad that Bush won the election, he is the one who conspired with democrat congressmen to cause 9/11. Gore hired people to wire the building to explode shortly after the planes hit. Kerry provided the financing using his wife's millions. Can't you see how it all fits together??

See, these conspiracy theories can lead you almost anywhere.

A Great example of follow the herd!

Very Happy
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:05 pm
I'm just following your lead Zippo. One good laugh deserves another.

So what makes your theory any less crazy than mine? Hmmm? Oh yeah, that's right. Because it is your theory and yours accuses the Bush administration. Oh well, you argue yours, I'll argue mine.

Next, do you think we can tackle some of the nutty conspiracy theories from the Clinton admin. And when we get time, let's revisit the Kennedy and Lincoln assassinations also. They had some wild theories there too I understand.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:09 pm
Zippo wrote:
A Great example of follow the herd!

Very Happy

moo? or baa?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:30 pm
Zippo wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

Very Happy nice try.....derailing the thread

Au contraire. It was you who mentioned Clinton, hence my question. But never mind, I'm outta here....
0 Replies