Birthday present for a Bulky 8-year-old Boy

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 02:44 pm
Golf for children is quite often inexpensive. Where do you live? If you are Europe, forget it. I played once in Germany and my German friends cannot believe it, apparently it is only for the very upper crust. If in the states, especially in the middle of the country, it's not that bad, even downright cheap. You can get a decent starter set of kids clubs for about $100 or less.

But I forgot the transportation thing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 02:48 pm
I'm looking at today's Sportmart ad and they have a Pro Kennex 11-piece set of adult clubs with graphite shafts for $99, or a set of Dunlops for $129. A 48-count bag of rewash (used) Maxfli balls for $15. So, not too expensive. A decent new bike will run $200 or more.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 03:47 pm
What about a membership in the local YMCA? My nephews have a membership and love it... lots of things to do, friends to do them with. Great stuff.

I think that if he is a dancer, you really don't have to worry about any weight problem... he'll grow into his weight, don't you think?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 04:35 pm
cjhsa--

Believe me, money is very tight for that family. The kids don't go to carnivals because the evening would cost $30-$40.

Piffka--

A "Y" membership would be great--except for transportation. I am going to look into a family membership at the local swimming pool. This would mean transportation could happen at the grandparent's convenience.

Thanks for the suggestions.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 05:49 pm
How about a case of SlimFast?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:41 pm
how about the gift of your time. some activity you can do together? or what about buying him some skateboard lessons, or some sports oriented lessons that he is interested in. he needs to be engaged in life, and finding someone who can give him a spark is the best way. karate?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:34 am
How about a gastric by-pass?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:35 am
PS...just kidding!
0 Replies