Official A2K Gathering in Chicago, May 7th, 2006!

timberlandko

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
Gus, if you'll be there, the attendance will automatically double. At least.

Or at least double over Twisted Evil
0 Replies

knowitall2005

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:38 pm
What's the subject about?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:48 pm
knowitall2005 wrote:
What's the subject about?

Hey, are you coming to the party? Official A2K Gathering in Chicago, May 6th, 2006! <--- Click for details

And welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:18 am
<waving!>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:39 am
mac11 wrote:
I'm getting excited! I'm in as definite - even if the creek does rise.

Ditto - especially, since I got the hotel vouchers and flight tickets already Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 01:49 am
dagmaraka wrote:
we can gang up and share rooms to cut costs. which may result in a lot more fun and possibly a few divorces.....

Hmmm...
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:10 am
Thanks to Mac for the link to this.... will try and squeeze the bank account, it sounds a great idea. Last (and only) time I was in Chicago, travelling with husband and 2 children under 4, changing trains between one from Boston and the City of New Orleans, intending to take in the Art Museum in our 3 hour break, a very kind lady on a street corner came and asked us if we had somewhere to go, if we were OK. I realised that our 5 suitcases of differing antiquity, baby on back with no shoes and socks (seemed a problem for the lady) and general downmarket air belied the fact that we were going around the world for 5 months on a Hong Kong salary. I felt bad, fraudulent in some way!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:57 am
haha, clary, it does sound like you need to experience chicago from a slightly different perspective. this time you'll even have time to sit down and look around.

SuperG, i'd invite you to share my room, but something tells me you have other ideas ;-)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:37 am
bm
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:59 am
You mean you went without matching luggage? Rolling Eyes

You should have tipped the chauffeur to keep them out of sight in the boot/ trunk. Smile
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:52 am
Clary, you only needed 5 suitcases for the 4 of you? those must have been extra large suitcases. ;-)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:58 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
We could also rent a trolley to take us around. It is actually a bus that looks like a trolley but it fits a ton of people, is reasonably priced and allows drinking on board. They will take us just about anywhere and is safe transportation for all.

I like this idea. A2k Trolley making the rounds on the Loop. Would it be catered?

<slowly reading through>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:16 am
Heck, I'm 16 pages late, but yahoo! Add me to the list if I haven't booked another trip on those dates.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:21 am
yitwail wrote:
Clary, you only needed 5 suitcases for the 4 of you? those must have been extra large suitcases. ;-)

They were, but we always have travelled light. No extras like babyshoes, for example! And we probably had loads of plastic bags with babyquipment and sandwiches and stuff! What a gypsy family!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
The trolley thing does sound great... easy way to see stuff together, nice and mobile both in space and in place - we wouldn't all be stuck in place around a long table...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:34 am
Who will be supplying the drugs?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
what kind do you have in mind, augustus?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:42 am
I thought a little black hashish would be quite appropriate for the boat ride.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:45 am
Is that the Mystic Cruise?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
The lake will be mighty cold in early May. Bring a warm jacket for a boat ride, but it's definately worth doing - unless you're so stoned you don't notice the temperature, that is, in which case you won't notice your on a boat either so why bother?
0 Replies