Official A2K Gathering in Chicago, May 7th, 2006!

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:15 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Every time it's the same, I approach the bed and the lady invariably says "Oh Lord"!

I need more details, I think. When she says that, does she roll her eyes, or do they bulge out in a surprised, shell-shocked manner? This may significantly influence my decision to come, so please give your response much thought.

Fear mixed with wonderment, methinks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:17 am
DUCK TOURS!!!!

S-l-o-w-l-y I turn, step by step, inch by inch................
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:22 am
I am well aware of the duck tours, wandeljw. I was there last week, afterall. I was unable to work the tour into my schedule, though, because my time was consumed with necrophagia, which was the original purpose of my Chicago trip anyway.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:36 am
sorry, gus. i should have known.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:52 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
DUCK TOURS!!!!

S-l-o-w-l-y I turn, step by step, inch by inch................

I mean, it was a very rare ABUZZ-question, isn't it, Phoenix Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:43 pm
OK, I decided to book and did; through Expedia.com I got a round trip from Albuquerque flight and hotel/4 nights package for 694 at the Travelodge Hotel Downtown - looks to be about five blocks away from Walter's Essex. Ahem, would have been 1564. or somesuch at the Palmer House.

My next possibility had been the Days Inn Goldcoast which is across from Lincoln Park Zoo..

I looked at places twenty miles away from downtown and could get a few lower prices in both Naperville and by O'Hare, but decided I wanted to be near downtown re possible taxi needs at night and so I can take the el to visit Evanston after I've checked in on the day I arrive, Thursday.

Expedia.com for flight-hotel packages or
http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/illinois/chicago/travelodge-hotel-downtown.html
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 01:31 pm
i'm probably going to drop by, barring a howl of protest from other would-be attendees, but there are too many unknowns right now for me to be making any arrangements. anyway, if anyone's tabulating attendance, i'm in until further notice.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 02:46 pm
Flights are confirmed now as well: tickets on the way.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 06:47 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Every time it's the same, I approach the bed and the lady invariably says "Oh Lord"!

I need more details, I think. When she says that, does she roll her eyes, or do they bulge out in a surprised, shell-shocked manner? This may significantly influence my decision to come, so please give your response much thought.

Fear mixed with wonderment, methinks.

well then. let me know if you're coming to chicago - so that i can buy my tickets to chicago or london, accordingly.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:46 pm
Dare one ask "What time is the Blue Man performance?"
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:57 pm
http://www.blueman.com/ticketinfo/chicago/index.shtml

I have never seen them but several friends have and say its an awesome show.

If anyone needs some advice on areas to stay (whats around, good area, bad area ect...) just post and I'll try to help.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:00 pm
sublime, when I was in Chicago last week, I was pressed for time so I checked into a hotel for the location rather than shopping around for the best buy. I ended up staying at the Best Western Grant Park. Nothing spetacular. When I rolled into town though at 3:00 a.m. the area looked a little questionable and I fingered my knife as I walked down the street, glancing over my shoulder and expecting confrontation at any time.

Was I correct in being cautious? What do you know about that area at 3:00 a.m.?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:30 pm
There are worse neighborhoods in Chicago to visit at 3:00 AM - in fact there are neighborhoods riskier to visit at 3:00 PM than the Grant Park area at any time. Chicago, like any big city, has neighborhoods fire trucks and ambulances don't venture into alone.

Of course, caution always is advisable, whenever, wherever.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:44 am
dagmaraka wrote:
...share rooms to cut costs. which may result in a lot more fun and possibly a few divorces

Aren't we all adults? Can't we handle a few indiscretions without resorting to divorce?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:45 am
dagmaraka wrote:
...share rooms to cut costs. which may result in a lot more fun and possibly a few divorces

Aren't we all adults? Can't we handle a few indiscretions without resorting to divorce?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:47 am
Well, that's stupid...

I got this error message after hitting "post reply"

" Could not insert new word matches

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 1664281, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('share', 'rooms', 'cut', 'costs', 'may', 'result', 'fun', 'possibly', 'few', 'divorces', 'adults', 'handle', 'indiscretions', 'resorting', 'divorce')"

...then the resplonse posted twice. What happened to the delete button?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:49 am
Resplonse. Clean up in aisle #
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:49 am
I have informed the developers about the error.

PS You cannot delete a post that has been responded to, even if you're the one doing the responding. See the announcements forum for details. Sorry for the quick reply, I am trying to get these dang posts to take.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:50 am
syn,

there are technical problems all over A2k today.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:54 am
I hadn't noticed. Usually it's just that phpbb connection error, but this was unusual.
0 Replies