Nothing to see here...

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:19 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
No ... Clinton made lying by the President "acceptable."

<Waiting patiently for McGentrix to scold Ticomaya for diverting the thread by bringing up Clinton>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:20 pm
Yes, he didn't lie. The most powerful man in the world was misinformed. Whoopsee.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:24 pm
I'm going to suggest that the rule that states the first person to bring up Nazis in an internet debate loses that debate be replaced on A2K with the first person to bring up Clinton loses the debate.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:30 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
No ... Clinton made lying by the President "acceptable."

<Waiting patiently for McGentrix to scold Ticomaya for diverting the thread by bringing up Clinton>

I didn't bring up Clinton ... you did ... followed shortly by DrewDad. I was merely correcting DD's false assertion.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:32 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
I'm going to suggest that the rule that states the first person to bring up Nazis in an internet debate loses that debate be replaced on A2K with the first person to bring up Clinton loses the debate.

Well, I suggest it not be called Acquiunk's Law. I'm sorry, that's just too difficult to remember (and spell).
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:45 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I didn't bring up Clinton ... you did

That is a preposterous lie.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:51 pm
how about this statement from 2001 announcing his tax cut:

This is my approach: tax relief for everybody, in every bracket, averaging $1,600 per family, while still reducing our national debt and funding important priorities.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20010205.html

and here's the national debt, from 2001 to present:

last month:
10/31/2005 $8,027,123,404,214.36

prior years:
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16
09/28/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

if he didn't lie, he certainly uttered a falshehood, and he hasn't even acknowledged being mistaken about the effects of a tax cut on the national debt.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 12:58 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I didn't bring up Clinton ... you did

That is a preposterous lie.

No ... it's a error, which I concede and apologize for.

But your response illustrates how quickly some jump to the conclusion that an incorrect statement equals a "lie."
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 01:06 pm
Acquiunk wrote:

to make the fit with Godwin's law tighter, it might be reformulated to cover mention of either Clinton or liberal democrats.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 01:40 pm
Do the members of A2K have ADD?

Can we please stay on topic here? Why does every thread need to turn to the same anti-Bush, Clinton did it too, crap?

This thread is about a soldier lying to bolster his ego and claim his 15 minutes and all the liberals that latched onto the same lies to bolster their anti-war rhetoric.

Can we try to stay on topic?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 01:54 pm
I have stated prior that it seems like this soldier is trying to cash in with the likes of Move-on.Org and even that fat man himself, Michael Moore.

Reporter Ron Harris does seem to do a good job cross checking the info and it leads me to make the above statement.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 01:57 pm
I think that the subject line really says it all. Who else besides me never heard of this guy? How many who have heard of him actually base their opposition to the war on what he has to say?

Yep, nothing to see here.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:05 pm
getting back on topic, then, Jimmy Massey is one of the 9 founding members of Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW). i googled IVAW and got 60,100 hits, of which 429 mention Massey; and googling Iraq Veterans Against the War returns 171,000 hits, of which 575 mention Massey. i think it's a reach to discredit all opposition to the war on the basis of discrepancies in Massey's accounts.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:07 pm
The insignificance of the Massey story in comparison with the monumental morass we're facing in Iraq is stunning McG. It seems as if the conservatives are grasping at ever smaller straws in their effort to vindicate a disastrous foreign policy.

You're right."There's nothing to see here..."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I think that the subject line really says it all. Who else besides me never heard of this guy? How many who have heard of him actually base their opposition to the war on what he has to say?

Yep, nothing to see here.

I know many people who have heard of him and used him on this very site as ammunition against Bush and the war in Iraq.

Revel did it here.
Walter did it here.
McTag did it here.
Gelisgesti did it here.

Notice who are on this list? This is what I am talking about Freeduck. I would say many have heard of him and used his lies to further their anti-war beliefs.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:21 pm
And many of us haven't heard of him and are still against the war.

Given the BS that's been swallowed by supporters of the war, I hardly think the sides are equal.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I know many people who have heard of him and used him on this very site as ammunition against Bush and the war in Iraq.

Revel did it here.
Walter did it here.
McTag did it here.
Gelisgesti did it here.

Notice who are on this list? This is what I am talking about Freeduck. I would say many have heard of him and used his lies to further their anti-war beliefs.

2 refered to UK newspapers, a third to Canadian sources. the only US media reference is a Mother Jones article, in which Massey was just one of 5 anti-war soldiers quoted. hardly the foundation of anyone's anti-war beliefs, and regardless, there's no evidence anyone quoted him believing that he was untruthful.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:36 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
am i being mocked for clicking on links provided by a fellow who criticizes posts that stray off topic? how swell.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 04:18 pm
I don't think that's why you're being mocked, yit.
0 Replies