Someone PLEASE Put A Cork In Rummy

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:43 pm
It is arrogant comments such as the ones in this article by Rumsfeld that make us sound to the world like arrogant assholes whether we are or not.

Nothing worse than a sore winner Donnie.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030409/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_iraqi_ambassador_5
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 819 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:45 pm
if only it were as easy as corking the pie-hole....
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:50 pm
C'Mon, guys.
That was tame for the Rumster.
I just wish he'd stop threatening Syria.

Oy! Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:51 pm
I agree with you on both counts Sofia.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:59 pm
Syria's the next stop, IMO. I hope to be proven utterly wrong. I'll be glad to be stupid.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:02 pm
Maybe it's hard for old Rummy to realize he ain't the darlin of the press no more.

Lot of hostility out there now. Funny, isn't it, how he dropped Franks?

And funnier is the fact that the Bush people don't seem to have anybody who can really speak for them. They keep putting different people on different shows, but one looks and sounds worse than the other. Don't you fret, now, BP, Rumsfeld's already cooked himself.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:35 pm
nothing more comforting than getting the good word from mama
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:52 pm
I'm scratching my head on this one bear...from the article:

Quote:
"I have no communication with Iraq," the ambassador said.

Questioned about Al-Douri's comments, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said: "Well, I would say it wasn't a game, first."

Speaking in Washington, Rumsfeld said the war was "over" when Saddam refused to accept his last chance to cooperate with the U.N. disarmament resolutions. "It was only a matter of time after that."

Rumsfeld added that there was still lots of "difficult, dangerous" work ahead in Iraq.

Rumsfeld speaks plainly.
I assume it was the middle quote that you found to be particularly unctious.

Let's look at that one.

He says that when Saddam refused to comply with the UN disarmament resolution he had sealed his doom.

Uh, yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Or was it this one. "It was only a matter of time after that".

Again, yes, there was never a doubt in most people's minds (was there one in yours?!?) that we would defeat the Iraqi's and bring down the reign of Saddam.

We are days from that happening, it took "weeks, not months"" (not my prediction, it was Dick Cheney's).

Rumsfeld refuses to cow to or capitulate to the premise of a reporter's question, and when confronted with a silly question, he calls them on it.

This situation is about to be handed off from the Dept. of Defense and the military to the politicians.

Barring any sudden catastrophe, it has been a brilliantly executed military plan, if you were Rumsfeld (yeah, I KNOW) you would be gloating too.

I guess that's why he isn't in the State Department.
0 Replies