The President Took Hell In Argentina Today

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
Wow! I suppose this media coverage of the discontent associated with the pres visiting Argentina will not make the 33% rating go up any!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:21 pm
yardsale, I'd like for some of the better A2K minds fill in some background details.

I know some parts of Sound America are being courted by China, those countries advocating strong central government.

Would someone present the history of the Free Trade issue? There appear to be demonstrations at most or many of the past meetings.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:23 am
I think it will make his rating go up. No-one likes to see their chief statesperson get a verbal hammering from foreigners.

Well I would but that's just me.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:38 am
Free Trade in theory was kicked around along time ago the justification being that with the US big economy it would help US companies grow in response to European Union. Canada was the first to sign with George Bush I, 41 not 43. Bush I frankly suggested including South America after the successful signing. Bill Clinton extended it to include Mexico.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:34 am
Bush is a Fascist Nazi pig, but those people are tearing up their own city to protest him. That's just stupid. By the way, there are protests in every city where there is a free trade summit. Many of these people are clearly protesting the presence of Bush.
0 Replies