GOP Leaders to Bush: 'Your Presidency is Effectively Over'

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:01 pm
On the other hand, if it's a "leak", not a real leak (and if it's not completely made up by the journalist), perhaps there isn't actually any such pressure and the only intent is to steel Mr. Stay the course/ never back down (even if there is good reason to do so...)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:11 pm
Lol!!! Now we are disappearing up our own fundamental orifices in an infinite, Oroborusian (sp.) loop!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:15 pm
Kinda dark in here...

To summarize, I have no idea, and my reaction is basically "hmmm... interesting, but I won't put much store by it until there is more corroborating evidence." Well, that and "lily-livered?"
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 02:12 am
Quote:
A growing number of Republican leaders, party strategists and political professional now privately tell President George W. Bush that his presidency "is effectively over" unless he fires embattled White House advisor Karl Rove, apologizes to the American people for misleading the country into war and revamps his administration from top to bottom.

Not possible.

The sentence effectively says that GOP strategists want Bush to declsre his Presidency a complete failure to date.

Bush does this, and his approval rating goes down to single digits.

There are too many ways to disengage from Iraq without loss of face for Bush to even consider taking this course.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 03:22 am
Buncha hooey if you ask me
0 Replies