Rain Forest #65

danon5

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:01 am
We - the AKTBIRD57 team - are leading the world saving Rain Forest. We have saved almost FORTY-EIGHT ACRES now and are saving more each day. This is the SIXTY-FOURTH thread we have started in our efforts to save trees and the Rain Forest environment. Come join us in our race to preserve the most valuable source of new medicines and some of the last environs of primitive people.
Just click: http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=856730509

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The site is FREE. Corporate sponsors show their logos when you click, and in return, they pay for the habitat saved.
If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

We have started a new Google map called the "Frappr". It shows the locations of our members that choose to add their name. It's by choice and is a fun thing. You can see it by going here: http://www.frappr.com/wildclickers

After joining feel free to stop by this thread and visit for awhile. We have a great group of people clicking and if at any time you can't click we can arrange for a substitute to click for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,776 • Replies: 338
No top replies

danon5

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:04 am
A great big WELCOME to everyone.

Click.

I've made my first click in a row on this new thread......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:14 am
Oh my!

Lovely new thread. Thanks, Danon.

I'd just sent a ticket to have it featured - and now see someone's already on the case.

Thanks to whoever handled that.

Thank you!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 12:00 pm
Wow, thanks for the new thread, <cool map> Dan!

A big "howdy" at the frappr ~ wildclickers happenin'!

Check out the Yale Map site, guys! Did you know that California was depicted as an island until the 1700's? Wait till ya all see Venice!
Read about mythical critters adorning maps during the 1500's...

Cartographical Curiosities...

http://www.library.yale.edu/MapColl/curious.html
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 06:34 pm
Great site Stradee! Added to my favorites it is.

You are very close to my good friends from US Army days - they live in Folsom, CA just SW of you. Also, my brother lived in Citrus Heights, CA for the last 30 yrs. They just two months ago sold and moved to Las Vegas - actually Henderson. So I have over the years visited your area many times. It is just a beautiful place to live.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 08:33 pm
Dan, good friends of mine live in Folsom at the Summit - right above Folsom Lake! A beautiful setting - the view of the Lake awsome. Old Town Folsom still the same, although the surrounding areas grown considerably - new homes, businesses, etc.

The Corridor remains the same though, for now. Lovely and pristene, with an abundance of wildlife. Took some great photos of deer - and wouldn't ya know - the computer and printer have had a riff and arn't communicating - so i can't transfer the photos for posting. Sad

Hope your bro and family enjoying their new home! Smile Not familiar with Henderson, Nevada - but i'll bet there's less traffic to contend with than in Citrus Heights.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:11 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 284 friends have supported 2,091,144.1 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 77,606.0 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 284 friends have supported: (77,606.0)

American Prairie habitat supported: 42,367.8 square feet.
You have supported: (10,862.1)
Your 284 friends have supported: (31,505.6)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,971,170.4 square feet.
You have supported: (165,921.0)
Your 284 friends have supported: (1,805,249.3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1272 48.006 acres

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

we've passed 48 acres!!!

http://www.aaroads.com/delaware/delaware010/de-048_wb_first_shield.jpg

Damn straight - no stopping at any time! Very Happy
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:31 pm
Dunno why, Dannon, but I can't access your frapr map. I tried it last night from the link on the other thread and got knocked right offline; had to reboot my ISP. Just now, tried this link and all I got was a blank page. Since y'all seem to have no probs, it must be my 'puter, I reckon.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:47 pm
Long time no see, everyone. Just stopped by to say hello and to congratulate you on reaching #64. Or is it #65? Does it really matter?

I am still clicking occasionally on care2, so I'm not completely out of it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:53 am
Hey, Shoe! Welcome back to the land of the living.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 09:01 am
My oh my, Shoesharper!!! Hi and how ya doin? Really good to see you again.

MA, You description of your puter probs sounds exactly like what I've been experiencing for the past few weeks. Especially the "blank screen" thing. I noticed that the white screen almost always happened while accessing A2K - but, occasionally would happen on other sites and even my own Internet Explorer Start page. It wouldn't usually last long and I could access the site a bit later. Which led me to suspect an intermitten hardware problem. Well, this morning while trying to access the net, my puter politely sez to me "Your modem appears to have a hardware problem". I checked the Properties page for the modem - a US Robotics model - which told me the modem was operating ok. I knew better than that - so, off came the side of the puter housing and I reset the modem into another vacant slot. Turned the puter back on - it recognized the new hardware - and I'm back in business on the net with apparently no problems. So far, the placement of the modem into another slot helped. My machine is an HP pavilion and is really easy to access.
If that doesn't work you could go to http://www.lifehacker.com/software/maps/frappr-maps-groups-of-people-132905.php
or
http://www.frappr.com/
and ask for the map named 'wildclickers'

ehBeth, nice photo - is that Danforth St? And, how bout those FORTY-EIGHT + ACRES!!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:00 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 284 friends have supported 2,091,612.4 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 77,910.3 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 284 friends have supported: (77,910.3)

American Prairie habitat supported: 42,391.2 square feet.
You have supported: (10,862.1)
Your 284 friends have supported: (31,529.1)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,971,310.8 square feet.
You have supported: (165,921.0)
Your 284 friends have supported: (1,805,389.8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1273 48.017 acres
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:43 pm
Hi Shoe! Good seeing you here at the rainforest thread! Glad ya stopped by to say howdy! Very Happy

Danon, thanks for the puter infromation! Noticed a few program oddities past few weeks... Wondering if anti-virus software has anything to do with causing the computer tweek - although all the off-line programs working well Question

The frapr map page <first registration attempt and after clicking "add">, a page appeared saying the website couldn't be found. Second attempt worked though. Hang in there Merry!

ehBeth, great photo! A good incentive for clickin' n' clickin'..........

Good day all ~
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:22 pm
Well, thankee much, MA. Have to come up for air occasionally.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:28 pm
Thanks for the new thread, danon, room to grow to at least 49 acres on this one?!

Loved the website as well, stradee & also bookmarked it!

All clicked as well.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:08 pm
dev, what a very sweet gesture for Letty! Thanks!

http://www.bellsnwhistles.com/asta/ast013.gif
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:19 pm
It's the very least I could do for such a sweet lady!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:25 pm
UL!! I see you on the map.... And, living in my very favorite city in the world. Isn't this more fun? Very Happy Very Happy

And, I am seeing Noddy..... Long time no see. Welcome to the Wildclikkers Daily Issue......... Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:03 pm
It really is cool to see where everyone is from on the map! Somehow makes us closer, even though we're miles apart. Look at ul, way over there in Austria! 'Wildclickers' unite!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:23 pm
I'm never going back to that map site again. Just tried it for a third time. This stime I got onto the site, but -- no map. I tried to enter my information anyway, figuring the map might show up after I'd registered. The site froze up on me. Managed to get back to this thread, then had to abort the whole enterprise and log onto A2K anew. My 'puter doesn't like that site. Or the site doesn't like ole Betsy.
0 Replies