religious persecution?

Beena

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:20 pm
Okay, lets take the case of "begotten."

Christ talked about "born again" or born of the spirit. At the time of Christ, the Romans did not like Christ or his disciples and all that they preached because they just did not want to incoporate that in their religion at the time. But once Rome became Christian and so Christianity got power, then I believe those words of Christ were manipulated to make it feel as if Christ was born of the Holy Spirit. And so it was written in the scriptures that Christ was "Begotten" or born of virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. That is not true, it cannot be possible. I feel that Christ's biological father deserted Mary who was a virgin before conception, and afterwards, Christ did not find much love from either Mary or Joseph, which is why He got so close to God at the tender age of twelve. You can also see at the time of crucifixion that He's not very close to His mother because He says, "Woman, behold your son" when He asks His favourite disciple to look after her. So, He might have cared for His mother but perhaps she didn't or why would He use the word woman and not mother? Anyway....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:47 pm
Beena,

I don't know where you got your understanding from, but have you read the New Testament?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:53 pm
Ok, why is polygamy illegal, again? Disregarding the horrendous lifestyles mormons of fanatical faith ascribe themselves and their children to, why is polygamy illegal?
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:57 pm
And as for Christ being Christ - the Son of God, when darkness descended after his crucifixion because the people liked to live with the false more than they did with the truth and the temple veil was torn to reveal that He was the Son of God or divine, the chief priests and the elders felt threatened and went to the soldiers afterwards who were outside the tomb to bribe them. They said that they will look after the governors like Pilate and the Sanhedrin in general and that the soldiers are to say that while they were sleeping, the disciples stole the body of Christ. This way first they got Christ fixed for good by putting in Pilate's head that word might get to Caesar that Pilate considers Christ as King of the Jews and so fearing for his own safety probably, Pilate gave Christ over to the crowd to be crucified even though he knew He was innocent. And after, the chief priests and the elders they even got the disciples fixed later by doing a wrong themselves. The cunning morons! So in all, the whole bunch who brought Christianity to us, they fixed all of them. And not a soul questioned if the guards were sleeping then how would they know who stole Christ's body? Which ensures that chief priest's and the elders were in it because if the guards were awake they would have stopped anybody stealing His body. Anyway...

I just wanted to say that myself I believe that Christ was the Messiah, He was Divine, the incarnate of God Himself which is why only He knew about, the way, the truth, the life, the kingdom of God, or how would He speak about it. We can speak about it NOW, only because we already know a bit about it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 11:05 pm
Beena,

May I ask what religion you are?
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:38 am
I don't really believe in religions, just in God.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 08:51 am
Sounds like you believe in conspiracy theories Beena.

Christ came from a broken home and ran away to form a new religion, is that it?
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 02:27 pm
We all believe in facts and not conspiracy theories. When truth cannot be known anyway but by speculation/revelation, then we think and will believe what seems to be the most probable. And if that comes close to the truth we will believe it because truth needs no proof as it's obvious. And Christ did not come from a broken home but I'd say at least it might have been dysfunctional to a point just to have affected Him so maybe or why in all Scripture the only conclusive loving proof between Him and his parents is that at the age of twelve He alone gets left behind for about three days!
0 Replies