Dont kiss cat ass

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:03 am
My mother in law is an idiot.. I think everyone knows that .
Lately this mindlessness of hers has become a barrier in my rule setting for Jillian.
During the day, Jillian knows her rules and I feel as confident as any mother of a toddler can, that she will obey them.
Number one rule is the stairs.
If she wants to climb them , she grabs my hand and pulls me to them.
Sometimes , we spend 30-45 minutes just going up and down the stairs.
We have NOT found a gate to fit this opening yet.. >sigh<
But at this point, we will be leaving in about 6 months , so I am nt advocating the added expence of buying a speciality gate when we may need one in our own home.. when we find it that is.. ;-)

Any-who
Mother in law is slowly teaching Jillian that it is FUNNY to go up the stairs with no one with her.
If she is here, Jillian knows she gets a laugh and a whiney high pitched " OOOoooohhhhh IAN look what she is doing" ... while jillian is climbing up the stairs.. alone...giggling.. Rolling Eyes
she does nothing to stop her. She can be sitting in arms reach of Jillian and does nothing but whine and call Ian.
heres the kicker..
I can be in the kitchen.. about 10-12 feet away from the stair case, Ian outside, and she raises her voice so Ian will hear her call him... all the while doing NOTHING to stop Jillian from climbing those stairs.
She has officially made it a game . And it is dangerous.

The other day, Kitten was in Jillians play room with MIL while i was making a snack for her..
Jillian is learning to kiss everything.. Very Happy
Tis the cutest dur-ned thang I ever did see by golly.. ;-)

All i hear, from the kitchen is
" Dont kiss the cat there... Ohhhhhhhh EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW Dont touch me Jillian...eeeeeeewww"

Shocked

wtf?

I race in to see Jillian holding kitten upside down and a smile on her face with her lips puckerd....

Thanks to MIL being a half wit, Jillian now thinks it is funny.

how do i approach this stupid ass behavior?
If she is going to be responsible for Jillian even if it is only for a minute while I race to the bathroom to PEE.. and she refuses to act on the things that Jillian does..
what am I to do?
I can turn my eye to it, ignore it, but there is still about 6 months of it I have to endure. And ignoring the stair climbing is going to make me scream at MIL . That is just unsafe..But making other things that are not necessarily SAFE.. into a funny joke because she wont / cant/ doesnt feel she NEEDS to/ respond..
well thats another story all together.. Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,874 • Replies: 28
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:21 am
You can't depend on a drunk for anything. Take Jillian to the bathroom with you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:38 am
I suggest you boot the MIL, leave your husband and come live with me and squinney. We won't interfere with your child rearing standards and the sex could be FANTASTIC!!!!!! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:43 am
DrewDad wrote:
You can't depend on a drunk for anything. Take Jillian to the bathroom with you.

Hate to say it, but yeah, this is the answer. I think you have to reconcile yourself with the fact that leaving Jillian with MIL is even worse than leaving Jillian unattended.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:49 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I suggest you boot the MIL, leave your husband and come live with me and squinney. We won't interfere with your child rearing standards and the sex could be FANTASTIC!!!!!! :wink: Laughing

Laughing Laughing

my toys are packed, and we are on the way...!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:52 am
shewolfnm wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Laughing Laughing

my toys are packed, and we are on the way...!!

I'll try to find room in the closet.......maybe we could combine toys....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:53 am
the sad part is,
we arent depending on her in these situations..
well. i guess in a sense we are.
even for 5 minutes.

I can be a few feet away, and he whines like a teenager who thinks a booger is nasty... and calls Ian. Confused

she thinks its FUNNY how jillian crawls up the stairs.
All it takes, is for jillian to get a good giggle going due to MIL's responce and she may fall.
Am i strange for being terribly PISSED at mil for that?
>grumble<

I guess you are right.
I cant rely on her for a thing.
But in the next 6 months, I feel I have to do SOMETHING.. I have a feeling it is going to be like puppy training though.
Im going to have to slap her with a rolled up newspaper and yell NO!!! anytime she giggles at jillian doing something unsafe..

oh holy crap.
Im so tired.
Anyone have a private island I can run to?
I promise to leave it as i found it.. ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 09:07 am
It is pretty funny that your baby thinks the cats ass is for kissing....but it isn't funny that MIL is putting her in dangerous situations and undoing all the rules you have set for her.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 09:16 am
yeah
the cat butt was SOOOOOO funny.. it took SO much to not just fold over and LAUGH..

jillian was SO proud of herself, standing there in the middle of the room, kitten hanging upside down , meowing like crazy... jillian smiling.. lips puckerd.. posed to do it again.

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
Yaya wanted to kiss everything. Ants, kitties, doors, etc.

We also didn't see my mother for six months after she laughed at Yaya for being scared of a toy train and crying.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 09:59 am
oh my god..she LAUGHED at her?
oh holy cow..

i mean, if they ( kids ) do something that is comical when they are scared.. laugh in private. They DO do things that are just terribly cute.
Bean for example, marches in place and sticks out her butt when she is scared. cute-cute-cute.
but laugh at her? where she can see me?
Oh lord.. never .. never !
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:49 am
Shewolf--

I know you and your m-i-l have a long history of strife.

Still, consider, that by allowing Bean to invite you to play Stair Climb with you, you started establishing the rules that Stair Climbing is a good game. All m-i-l is doing is ignoring the safety rules and turning it into a three person game.

Are you absolutely, positively, sure and certain that Bean is too young to negotiate stairs by herself? I know you've worried in other threats that you're over-protective.

If you decide that she is too young, find a piece of furniture--or even cardboard--that will block the steps unless the steps are in use.

Don't be trapped into games playing.

Springtime will come. Independence will come.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 12:00 pm
I am about 50-60 % positive she cant QUITE do it all on her own yet. Simply because the stairs are taller then normal ones so she has to really work at it.
She can CLIMB on all fours ok..
but walking up and down them.. no. She cant do that by herself yet. Even when i am with her, she has to pull on me to keep her balance.
When she crawls.. she is perfectly capable..

hmm.. that makes sense about the 3 person game.
it could be more that she is becoming a participant in something that doesnt require her to begin with.

but i still feel it is unsafe to not at least be at the base of the stairs with her if she decides to play.
MIL is feet away and wouldnt jump if she were on fire.
Being out of range bothers me. Knowing how easily kids fall.
And when she IS in reach.. she doesnt move. Even the time JIllian slipped..
I about put my foot in her rear then..
but that is another story all together.

I have large boxes that are still broken down.
I can .. put some chairs up and stand the box behind them to create a border to the stairs.
That way, since it will take her a little longer to actually GET to the stairs, I can just step in and keep the safety rules in place instead of rolling my eyes at MIL while I race to Bean..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 01:39 pm
Did you give Bean a prize for kissing the cat?

It could be the "Cat-ass Trophy."

(I can't believe I had to come to this thread three times before I came up with that lame-ass pun.)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:20 pm
I am voting DrewDad the most brilliant person of this thread. Clapping, standing ovation, cheers, lots of cat-air-kissing ...

I think I understand Shewolfs frustrations but I cannot control the laughter long enough to be able to think up a sensible response.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
Laughing

ok ,yeah
kitten butt kissing is f-n funny

wonder how it tasted...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:45 pm
like you've never tried it yourself!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:51 pm
Shocked

i used to eat cat FOOD when i was little

before it had been digested by the cat of course. ;-)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:53 pm
it tastes the same coming out the other end
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 02:53 pm
Yaya once got ahold of a piece of cat poop. We called poison control and everything. Embarrassed
0 Replies