Can The Bush Admin Approval Rating Be Improved or?

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:48 pm
I am not of either political party, but it is apparent that the administration will have to pull out of Iraq and focus on domestic issues, in order to achieve a more favorable ratings. Attempts to over shadow the Iraq debacle with domestic issues will not reverse the support issue, unless a catastrophic event such as terror attack or a Bird Flu type pandemic ensues which could potentially overshadow the Iraq problem. There is a large quantity of citizens who are directly affected by the Iraq involvement through currently having loved ones in harms way, or have had loved ones killed in action. The latter is farther augmented with the continued ambiguity concerning validity of the conflict and the continued loss of troops (loved ones).

It appears that the administration is in a catch 22 if continued the current course of little regard for public support, unless troops are withdrawn or the ambiguity of the conflict is cleared up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,261 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 11:05 pm
to answer your question..... hopefully not. His entire cartel needs to go.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:16 am
Of course. Anything can be improved, and there is so much to work with here.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:13 am
Is should be of no concern to him as he is out after this term.

A real Leader would use this time to ensure his policies are debated and settled before his term expires. He has no one to please but himself at this point.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:27 am
Do you really feel that way, woiyo?

That is a very disquieting thought.

All this time I thought the president and other elected officials were public servants.........
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:32 am
Quote:
All this time I thought the president and other elected officials were public servants.........
NO, you didn't.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:34 am
Well then I don't want to pay their salary anymore!

<foot stomp>
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
NO, you didn't.

Ditto. I know you're not THAT naiive, Boomer.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:47 am
Well someone had better frikken call Mr. Alexander my eight grade civics teacher and tell him he's got some explaining to do.

My belief in America is shattered.

I'm going to call my brother, the General, and tell him the last 30 years of his life have been in vain because America is not what we've always believed it to be.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:56 am
Leaders are supposed to lead, in the best interest of the country - not follow polls. Now, I'm not at all sure of what we are being led into, but I'm sure we could put together a poll showing that what America needs is gasoline at $1.00 a gallon.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:03 am
I agree that leaders are supposed to lead and that polls are useless globs of partially relevent data.

But to suggest that our leaders only have to please themselves and that they don't have to answer to us in just plain wrongheaded.

This is not a Bush thing or an anyone else things. (Maybe it is a bit of a Gordon Smith thing, but that's just me.)

These people are our employees.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:06 am
Quote:

And they're satisfied with the salaries we give them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:15 am
I can agree with that boomerang.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:16 am
boomerang wrote:

Why?

Imagine being in a position whereby you do not have to satisfy party leaders and do what YOU think is right as opposed to what will satisfy some special interest or political group that you may need to get re-elected.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:21 am
roger wrote:
Leaders are supposed to lead, in the best interest of the country - not follow polls. Now, I'm not at all sure of what we are being led into, but I'm sure we could put together a poll showing that what America needs is gasoline at $1.00 a gallon.

and a good, cheap, stinky cigar. :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:22 am
Quote:
Why?

Imagine being in a position whereby you do not have to satisfy party leaders and do what YOU think is right as opposed to what will satisfy some special interest or political group that you may need to get re-elected.

It's not about getting re-elected, it's about following the will of the country; that's the disparity that the polls point out, between the President's vision for America and American's vision for America.

Though I will say that there are many members of the same party as Bush who are coming up for re-election, and they certainly don't need this kind of sh*t, now do they?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:22 am
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:

And they're satisfied with the salaries we give them.

the salaries don't mean anything. It's the side work that makes them rich.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:23 am
woiyo wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Why?

I hate like hell to get serious on this silly subject, but satisfying the wishes of one's constituency is what an elected official is supposed to do. Not special interest groups, no, but the wishes of those who elected you in the first place. The politico who 'votes his/her concience' is copping out of that responsibility. If 90% of the voters in a given district are opposed to capital punishment and the death penalty, then a law-and-order type who's been elected by that constutuency has no business voting his concience in favor of lethal injections. Just one example.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:25 am
How about electing someone who does, in your perception, share your values?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:28 am
Well, Rog', in a perfect world . . .
0 Replies