Political quotations and commentary

frolic

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:35 am
"The censure of those who are opposed to my oppinion, is the highest commendation that can be given."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,151 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:05 am
That is not funny at ALL, Frolic, and is neither is the avatar. Very poor taste.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:55 pm
frolic, you (forgive me) suck.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 12:07 am
ragman(orig) wrote:
That is not funny at ALL, Frolic, and is neither is the avatar. Very poor taste.

Live with it. My avatar never meant to be funny. Reality isn't fun.
BTW, This is the image of your president, outside the US!
e.g. In Argentina more people trust Saddam than they trust Bush.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:56 pm
Real charmer aren't you?

As a Jew, I find the reference to Hitler pretty odious. You may disagree with politics all you desire, but portraying a world leader as Hitler shows poor judgement.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:58 pm
..and if Argentina feels that way (no proof that it does), perhaps Argentina has its share of ex-Nazis.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:04 am
Also, Frolic, by your previous intrusion in my jokes posting as you did, you attempted to push the direction of that thread into a political direction. That was not my desire as author of that thread. I had requested you start your own political thread and leave that one for real jokes. Your presence was not welcome there unless you kept the politics out of it.

I'm glad to see now that the astute moderator has separated these threads into 2 distinct threads. Also pleased to see the offensive avatar has changed. A better and more civil forum has emerged.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:54 am
Intellectual freedom is essential to human society. Freedom of thought is the only guarantee against an infection of people by mass myths, which, in the hands of treacherous hypocrites and demagogues, can be transformed into bloody dictatorships."

Andrei Dmitrievich SAKHAROV

Soviet nuclear physicist and human-rights advocate (1921-1989)
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:59 am
ragman(orig) wrote:
Real charmer aren't you?

As a Jew, I find the reference to Hitler pretty odious. You may disagree with politics all you desire, but portraying a world leader as Hitler shows poor judgement.

Hitler came in office without the majority of the Germans voting for him. Hitler attacked Poland for a false reason.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 01:22 am
Please refrain from contributing your politcal spew from this jokes thread. There is a category for you to do this. Thanks for your consideration.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 01:39 am
ragman(orig) wrote:
Please refrain from contributing your politcal spew from this jokes thread. There is a category for you to do this. Thanks for your consideration.

Please refrain from commenting on someone's avatar. If u do comment, your comments trigger a reaction.

its a bit unfair to forbid me to defend my avatar choice while you are free to attack it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:57 am
As that previous jokes thread was authored as a joke thread and not as a political one, your contribution had been considered a joke. Thanks and have a nice life!
0 Replies