Can you put make up on an 11 month old child?

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
My cousin is dressing up my godson for halloween and wants to know if it is a good idea to put make up on his face.

Is there a certain age where you can't?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
I just realized this should be under parenting and childcare.... Sorry guys!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:38 pm
Nobody at all?? Well I think it may be fine... but I just don't want him to have an allergic reaction...

I am getting mixed opinions here at work!!

HELP ME.... anyone with children?? or not!! HELP
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:55 pm
I don't think there will be any problem if you're just using regular makeup. Most of it is hypoallergenic and the kid will have it on their face for a couple of hours tops.

If you're really stressed about it though maybe you could use those bath-time soap paints or something.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 02:22 pm
I think a lot of them have the "not for use for children under XX" on them, which is probably because they aren't suppose to ingest them.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
Thank you guys, I will let my cousin know!!! He is gonna be so cute... they are making him a little army dude!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:03 pm
Quote:
In general, a child's delicate skin is better served with products that are fragrance- and color-free,

link

I wouldn't put any product made for adults on an infant.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:09 pm
An 11 month old has absolutely no conception of Halloween. Why subject him to a possible problem, no matter how slight the possibility? An infant's skin is very tender.

Years ago, my son used something called, "Crazy foam", which was a foam bath product for kids. He made a moustache and a beard from the foam on his face. The next day, he had a beard and moustache shaped angry red rash!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:38 pm
That's my reaction as well, but I'm a halloween curmudgeon. At this level it's all for the parent's enjoyment.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:42 pm
Aside from vanity--mama's vanity--there is no reason to slather a baby's face with alien material.

Kids that age have enough problems with diaper rash. Then don't need cosmetics.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:04 pm
I kind of agree.

I have a problem with people taking kids that little actually trick or treating -- I know that it's done all of the time. The kid obviously isn't going to be eating the candy.

But I think it's fun to see the little kids all dressed up for a costume party or tagging along with their older siblings.

I know it is all mostly for the parent's enjoyment but I don't see anything wrong with parents enjoying their kids.

So maybe skip the makeup.

Soldiers get dirty, probably worse than kids get dirty -- perhaps you could use a bit of dirt for makeup if you really have to have something on his skin. Otherwise, dress him up like a soldier and have a blast.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:19 pm
I admit to curmudgeonliness. I'm not a big fan of dressing animals up either, and wax and wane on how I feel about Wegman's work.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:34 pm
I had an Irish setter who loved being dressed up for Halloween. I have a pit bull who adores wearing lots and lots of baubles and beads.

Some dogs are hams.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:42 pm
Well, let's consider me at one extreme - I know my own take on this isn't shared by many, even myself on occasion.
0 Replies