Child Molesters - Lights Out!

Chai

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:39 am
Ususally we go out to dinner on Halloween because the wolverine really doesn't get into trick or treaters. (actually, I like them, but, what are ya gonna do?)

Then, when we come home, we pretty much stay in the back of the house, with the front of the house dark.

Still, this doesn't seem to stop the door knockers

This morning, he's planning his strategy already because he doesn't want to go out, and he says "well, they won't come around this year because they'll think I'm a child molester" Shocked Shocked

We said he saw on the local news that all those on the list have to keep their lights off.

Actually, I think this is a great idea....Not just because of the sex crime part....

Maybe it'll finally dawn on parents that if a houses porch isn't lit up, and on top of that there's no lights on in the front of the house, that means the people in that house aren't treating.

In years past, there have been some really insistant knockers, it'll go on for minutes, and I'll finally come to the front, look at the window, and see not just the kids, but their parents. uh,,,,,,get a clue?

I miss doing the trick or treat thing a little bit, but not enough to put the pasha on edge. However, I'll admit, I'm hesitant about opening doors any time. I mean, who is standing out there behind that mask?

So.....if ya see lights off.....there's a reason.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 948 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:42 am
I used to pass out bread cubes. Just take a couple of slices, and cut them into cubes. Now, wrap each one in aluminum foil, put them into a bowl and pass the out. After a few years, nobody will come by - lights out or not. The fun part is imagining the looks on those eager little faces when the finally get around to unwrapping them.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:12 am
We avoid houses with lights out assuming they don't want trick or treaters.

But I'm glad most of my neighbors participate in treating. I know most of my neighbors very well and have a nodding acquaintance with those I don't. Halloween is always a fun time to touch base with them.

Mo and I spend most days outside so we are highly recognized and it is always fun to chat with each neighbor a bit. It really fosters a nice sense of community.

However, I do understand that a lot of people don't want to be bothered and I respect that.
0 Replies