A sunny New Mexico day

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:22 am
So I went to the car wash with my truck. The car wash was kinda busy but I had plenty of time. I watched a pair of young ladies polishing the chrome wheels on a Camero. At the same time Lance Cpl. Robert F. Eckfield Jr., 23, of Cleveland, Ohio, and Lance Cpl. Jared J. Kremm, 24, of Hauppage, N.Y., died Oct. 27 from an indirect fire explosion in Saqlawiyah, Iraq. Kremm died at the scene while Eckfield succumbed to his wounds at a nearby medical center. Both were assigned to 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 406 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:33 am
...and so it goes.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 02:40 pm
Good to know that even in these moments of tragedy you are brave enough to keep that truck clean. Sorry to hear about Eckfield and Kremm, were they personal friends of yours?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 10:24 am
stugis

My daughter is 22. Twenty years before she was born, dyslexia was in VietNam (do the math) where he was wounded by a landmine and where he had to help scoop up the guts of american kids blown to shitt. You keeping your truck clean?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 10:34 am
I was in NY City and DC, protesting the war while Dys was thus engaged. My truck's a bit dirty, but I intend washing it soon.
0 Replies