Arguing With A Bush Supporter..... Pointless

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:01 am
I was talking to a guy yesterday who said that he was a bush proponent even though he had to admit that bush had cocked everything up. How do you argue with that?

I do notice that bush supporters don't care what he's done wrong and how f**ked up things get. they just continue to support him. I really don't get it. I would never have supported Al Gore this long if his presidency was the spectacular failure bushs' is turning out to be.

Any ideas about this phenomenon besides "nothing's wrong everything's running smoothly", which the mjority of people, even those who voted for bush, know is bullshit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:02 am
Why do I have the feeling that this post is designed to flame up responses, and not seek real and honest answers?

Hey ... it also works if you insert "anti-Bushie" or "anti-war proponent" into your question.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:28 am
BVT

Supporters of George (the Lesser) are not a monolith. They are a vast and dissimilar group composed of hairy-backed swamp developers and corporate shills, faith-based economists, fundamentalist bullies with Bibles, Christians of convenience, freelance racists, misanthropic frat boys, shrieking midgets of AM radio, tax cheats, nihilists in golf pants, brownshirts in pinstripes, sweatshop tycoons, hacks, fakirs, aggressive dorks, Lamborghini libertarians, people who believe Armstrong's moonwalk was filmed in Roswell, New Mexico. In effect, little honkers out to diminish the rest of us, who support without fear of facts their Etch-A-Sketch president, a dull and rigid man suspicious of the free flow of information and secular institutions, whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk.

They hold to a faith-based personal philosophy, uncumbered by reality or a sense of any responsibility to community or appreciation of the social contract that binds civilized people, and any presentation of facts undermining their positions is met with anger and a level of cognitive dissonance seen only in those who are hip deep in psychosis, self-aggrandizing, adolescent greed, personality cults, or religious fanaticism.

They are in fact, Republicans, and quite dangerous little buggers.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:35 am
Repeating the same act and expecting different results is one definition of insanity. It is we who waste our breath and our bytes in trying to reason with people who suffer from cognitive dissonance who are insane, I suppose.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Why do I have the feeling that this post is designed to flame up responses, and not seek real and honest answers?

Hey ... it also works if you insert "anti-Bushie" or "anti-war proponent" into your question.

wrong bud, I'm really serious.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:38 am
You forgot the sinister, devious cabal intent on establishing a theocracy run for the benefit of Halliburton. That's really what the Democrats think it's all about :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:40 am
kuvasz caused the hair on my back to rise when he wrote:
They are a vast and dissimilar group composed of hairy-backed swamp developers

Ok, kuvasz, I may have hair on my back and, yes, I am guilty of developing a swamp, but never, and I stress this emphatically....NEVER, associate me with any Bush backers.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:06 am
kuvasz wrote:
Supporters of George (the Lesser) are not a monolith. They are a vast and dissimilar group composed of hairy-backed swamp developers and corporate shills, faith-based economists, fundamentalist bullies with Bibles, Christians of convenience, freelance racists, misanthropic frat boys, shrieking midgets of AM radio, tax cheats, nihilists in golf pants, brownshirts in pinstripes, sweatshop tycoons, hacks, fakirs, aggressive dorks, Lamborghini libertarians, people who believe Armstrong's moonwalk was filmed in Roswell, New Mexico.

Well, that's just silly. Everyone knows that the moonwalk was filmed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:11 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
kuvasz caused the hair on my back to rise when he wrote:
They are a vast and dissimilar group composed of hairy-backed swamp developers

Ok, kuvasz, I may have hair on my back and, yes, I am guilty of developing a swamp, but never, and I stress this emphatically....NEVER, associate me with any Bush backers.

Ah, so there are things even hairy-backed swamp developers will not stoop to?

You have restored my faith in homo developus, Gus!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:13 am
joefromchicago wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
Supporters of George (the Lesser) are not a monolith. They are a vast and dissimilar group composed of hairy-backed swamp developers and corporate shills, faith-based economists, fundamentalist bullies with Bibles, Christians of convenience, freelance racists, misanthropic frat boys, shrieking midgets of AM radio, tax cheats, nihilists in golf pants, brownshirts in pinstripes, sweatshop tycoons, hacks, fakirs, aggressive dorks, Lamborghini libertarians, people who believe Armstrong's moonwalk was filmed in Roswell, New Mexico.

Well, that's just silly. Everyone knows that the moonwalk was filmed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio.

different Moonwalk

http://www.mjanimations.com/images/Michael%20Jackson%20moonwalk%20ani.gif
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:20 am
Neil Armstrong is black? Who knew?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:24 am
The latest poll (rasmussen?) has a 44% strongly disapprove of Bush while there are still 22% who are drinking the kool-aid and still strongly disapprove of this thug.

I would suspect that many of the 22% are Evangelicals, in other words, people who in a normal, modern society would be confined to rubber rooms.

No, you cannot reason with these people.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:34 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Neil Armstrong is black? Who knew?

Under the Moonlight, yes.
0 Replies