Negro's Riot

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 10:09 pm
Region & Walter -- no matter which link I click on I get a message that the page cannot be found.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 12:27 am
Intrepid wrote:
To a blind person... there is no race. People seem to have prejudice based on what they can see. How many times has someone liked a person who they spoke to on the telephone and then met them and had a different opinion?

I've gotten some interesting reactions - meeting face-to-face with people after a phone conversation. I've sometimes gotten the distinct impression they were expecting something of a lighter persuasion. I think it's my "non-regional" dialect. Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:24 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Region & Walter -- no matter which link I click on I get a message that the page cannot be found.

Obviously taken from the net or something else.

Cached version here: http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:1GJLNsDEsFAJ:www.dac.neu.edu/holocaust/Nazi%2520Racial%2520Policy.htm+RASSENPOLITIK,+Berlin:+SS+Hauptamt,+circa.+1942+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:50 am
snood wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
To a blind person... there is no race. People seem to have prejudice based on what they can see. How many times has someone liked a person who they spoke to on the telephone and then met them and had a different opinion?

I've gotten some interesting reactions - meeting face-to-face with people after a phone conversation. I've sometimes gotten the distinct impression they were expecting something of a lighter persuasion. I think it's my "non-regional" dialect. Very Happy

Exactly. People have sterotypes in their head. Some people cannot accept people for what they are. People. Light, dark, short, tall, male, female, straight, gay, bald, skinny, fat etc. etc. are products of what we are....not who we are. I have even seen a difference in interaction on the threads depending on whether someone is perceived to be a Christian or not.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:46 pm
snood wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Negroes don't call themselves that. They use much worse words. Just listen to your local rap station.

So, do you like rap, or are you doing a sociological study?

Actually, no, I like sports. Unfortunately sports are dominated by people who like rap music.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:
snood wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Negroes don't call themselves that. They use much worse words. Just listen to your local rap station.

So, do you like rap, or are you doing a sociological study?

Actually, no, I like sports. Unfortunately sports are dominated by people who like rap music.

So, how does this lead you to listen to Rap radio stations?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 08:59 am
I don't listen to "rap," or to hip-hop, neither appealing to me asthetically . . . and Eminem bores me as much as any of his dusky bretheren . . . although i do like Na Nana by Jazee Pha (did i spell that right?).

I knew a young lady who was raised on the west side in New York, and sent to private girls' schools in New England, and who had a job in a call center. He resembled Whoopi Goldberg, only darker. It was always hilarious to see the expressions on the faces of white boys when they'd hear her purring voice, and turn around to see someone they had obviously not expected . . . I also once went to a department store in Columbus, Ohio, to buy some "dress" clothing for an "occassion." I was waited upon by two young ladies of obvious African descent, who giggled constantly, and spoke exactly like the suburban white girls who bore and annoy me . . .

The point about appearance and perception is very well taken . . . and that was my point in stating that racism is based upon superficialities . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 06:33 pm
Not when it's used to oppress. It's rather significant in that case.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 07:25 pm
Setanta was referring to cause, not effect. Racism is based on superficial difference and ignorance. The effects of racism include oppressive circumstances.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 07:35 pm
I had been discussing effects--

I don't think anyone disagrees about the cause.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:46 pm
There is certainly a huge gulf of disagreement between those who assert that there are such things as caucasian and negroid races, and those who point out that no such distinctions exist, and that this is a case of raising superficialities to the level of profound distinguishing characteristics. Not that i expect constitutional racists to understand that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 05:59 pm
Yeah!! You constitutional racists!!!
0 Replies