The reason why I didn't want Athiest....

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:40 pm
Intrepid wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
quite a few i am sure

this isnt an uncommon stand point for christians to take..

You are lumping all Christians into the same pot as this crackpot? I think you will find that most people... Atheist, Agnostic and Christian would all find his words offensive. I know I do.

Are you beginning to get what I find so disturbing about christian fundamentalists, though, Intrepid?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:51 pm
Kasaova wrote:
What it really comes down to is about humbling yourself. Atheists refuse to do this; they hate the fact that there is an energy far more superior then them. Atheists live in a false-sense of reality, by denying the existence of god they make themselves believe there isn't a god so they do not have to be held-responsible for their actions. God challenges humans and says look around and if you're humble and submit yourself to god you will see the reality.

This life is a test for us; many atheists will say if there is a god why doesn't he show himself? This is like going for a test and saying why, don't we just get the paper with all the answers to it, however it doesn't work this way. If we pass this test if life and we submit to the will of god and humble ourselves - god has promised a reward for those who heed to his message and we are promised eternal-life. Everyone is given free-will, we make our own paths and it's up to us for believing or not believing.

Kasaova, your faith is what sustains you. Fine. Realise however you have a greater likelihood of being wrong in your beliefs than you have in being right. You talk about taking no risk in believing in God so that you've got your bases covered on Judgement Day. What if you're wrong? What if someone else has it right after all, or even more likely, what if no one actually has it completely right? Whatever faith it is that sustains you, and I'm guessing it's Islam, is the best guess of an individual or individuals who have supposedly gotten the Word from their God. There are no guarantees. You have faith in your practices and believe others are wrong in theirs. They have faith in their practices and believe you are wrong in yours. It's all a crap-shoot. There IS a universal truth but none of us knows what it is. Spending energies hating people who don't believe what you believe is wasted energy. Imagine the good you can do in this life (and in the next, if there is one) by taking the energies you're applying to hating others and use it to do good works instead of spreading venom.

I really am curious what has happened to your personally that has fostered this anger and bigotry.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 01:22 am
Isn't religion that way ----> ?

Why tie up a science forum with meaningless drivel (that started this thread I might qualify, yes I'm looking at you Kas)?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:51 pm
Religion is not science. Science is self-correcting and repeatibilty is a must. Notice God doesn't appear to anyone who seeks Him but only "prophets". Religion is just a theory of a spiritual being conjured up to explain all physical phenomena which was fine in pre-scientific times. Religion can't put up with critics like science can. Religion uses words like "blasphemy, heresy, apostacy, infidels, pagans, heathens" to silence them violently as they can show no proof of their beliefs.
0 Replies

FreeThought

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:52 pm
"god" is the one who seeks to keep Adam and Eve ignorant, while Satan urges them to gain knowledge, think for themselves, and question even "god" if his ways do not make sense to them.
0 Replies

FreeThought

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:01 pm
Kasaova wrote:
Atheists refuse to do this; they hate the fact that there is an energy far more superior then them. Atheists live in a false-sense of reality, by denying the existence of god they make themselves believe there isn't a god so they do not have to be held-responsible for their actions. God challenges humans and says look around and if you're humble and submit yourself to god you will see the reality.

Religion despises individual thought. How can you be a sheep and follow something so blindly where there is not one iota of evidence to support it?

it seems pretty american here, im from the UK. Im at uni and study biology, the lecturers often mock religion esp the fact that so many americans think that evolution is wrong. Imagine a lecture theatre full of the best minds in the country in fits of laughter that so many americans are so gullable.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:07 pm
It keeps me up at night.

Joe(I hear the laughter)Nation
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:49 pm
I try not to let myself get pulled into religious debates as they are a complete waste of time. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong and no amount of arguing will EVER change anybody's mind about that, but I just couldn't sit on my hands any more.

The fact that you posted this thread in Science and Math with the title you gave it, where by you would come across the highest likely hood of finding people who have atheistic tendencies or beliefs(I am in no way saying that all atheist love science and math or that if you do love it you are an atheist), leads me to the conclusion that you came here to purposefully rile the good people of this forum.

There is a religious section, where this so obviously belongs, so why not there?

I think I can safely say it is because you want to start a fight or argument. It tells me that you have recently (or longer and just learned how to use a computer) have had your "eyes opened' or 'seen the light' and darn it everyone else better damn well see it too.

Your attitude and smugness in a religion that you obviously (from the words you have placed here) know nothing about only give the devout of Christianity an even worse stigma than has already been built up!

You also, in your very attempts to persuade those who aren't Christian about how wrong they are with your un-educated arguments, only justifies their own non-Christian beliefs.

I dare you to print out the arguments here-in and show them to your religious leader and see if he agrees with your tactics or your "facts" about Jesus and God. Man of the cloth or not I'd bet he gives you a slap to the back of the head.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 04:11 am
Firstly, Mr. Free Thought what made you think you could get away with the practice of necromancy i.e. bringing dead threads back to life? Laughing

Secondly, I'd like to go up to the original poster and slap him in the face. Can't he see that this topic belongs in the Spirituality and Religion section?
0 Replies

FreeThought

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:25 am
Well, i just found this forum and when i saw this thread i just had to have my say.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:30 am
What's is an athiest?

How do you pronounce that?

Ah-th-eye-st?

No wonder the religious fanatics get treated as though they were loony . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:32 am
Well, you've had it. Feel better now? Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:34 am
I feel just ducky . . . which is odd, for a dog . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:45 am
I was answering free thought's last. But, I'm glad to hear you are also doing well, setanta.
0 Replies

FreeThought

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 03:57 pm
a little...
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 10:40 pm
Re: The reason why I didn't want Athiest....
Kasaova wrote:
... I love god, he speaks to me when I walk down the street he tells me to do good.

Oh boy. Looks like everything is cool so long as he tells you to "do good."

I've got this crazy feeling that we might be reading your name in the paper one day because he told you something otherwise... yeesh.

Actually, that's a good question. I assume you simply "know" it's God talking to you. So what if this same voice tells you to do something that you would otherwise be against? Like set fire to a building, or seriously injure/kill someone? Would you refuse the will of God? Or would you simply do as he said?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:08 pm
All we need now is for him to get indoctrinated by al Qaida to earn his 72 virgins.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 12:19 am
Since this a (pseudo) scientific forum, it is indeed interesting to consider this case from a psychiatric point of view. The "hearing of God's voice" and the fact that Kasaova needs to discuss atheism at all, both imply an underlying weakness in his own faith just like the homophobic who might fear and supress his own homosexual tendencies. What he "doesn't want" is in essence what he doesn't want to know.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:27 am
This is the most ridiculous thing.
even when i was a christian i wasnt that arrogant.
i have the way religion makes you arraogant like that.

and its the athiests at fault???
its so frustrating, that no matter how many times i scream 'god doesnt exist you bloody fool' i just get ignored.

haha.
yes, well. im going to hell.
but i guess thats a lot better than wasting your whole life under the pretense of someone who doesnt exist isnt it?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:51 am
Things will be much easier in Hell. There'll be so many more of us, the hours will be much shorter than in Heaven.
0 Replies