The reason why I didn't want Athiest....

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 01:36 am
Re: The reason why I didn't want Athiest....
Kasaova wrote:

Anyway I would like to make a comment I love god, he speaks to me when I walk down the street he tells me to do good. When ever I see an Atheist I feel like slapping them, however then god gives me this vision of atheists burring, and I think to myself. God will deal with them.

So this is why I don't want atheist in my topic corrupting everyone with there illogical godless prattle.

I don't hate atheists don't get me wrong I just don't like em' and I'm brutally honest about it.

I guess it's because there just isn't any other way, right?
Islam!
Submission!
Submission the the will of The God!
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 06:18 am
What it really comes down to is about humbling yourself. Atheists refuse to do this; they hate the fact that there is an energy far more superior then them. Atheists live in a false-sense of reality, by denying the existence of god they make themselves believe there isn't a god so they do not have to be held-responsible for their actions. God challenges humans and says look around and if you're humble and submit yourself to god you will see the reality.

This life is a test for us; many atheists will say if there is a god why doesn't he show himself? This is like going for a test and saying why, don't we just get the paper with all the answers to it, however it doesn't work this way. If we pass this test if life and we submit to the will of god and humble ourselves - god has promised a reward for those who heed to his message and we are promised eternal-life. Everyone is given free-will, we make our own paths and it's up to us for believing or not believing.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
All very interesting, but off topic. If you come to a science and math board with a science or math question, why do you care who answers or what religions are represented? What next, no women? No Jewish or Hindu or Buddists? You can justify your bigotry to yourself, but excluding others' opinions because you don't like their skin, religion, sex, etc doesn't work for me. Take it to the religion board. I don't see a lot of "humbling" in your posts.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:41 am
engineer wrote:
All very interesting, but off topic. If you come to a science and math board with a science or math question, why do you care who answers or what religions are represented? What next, no women? No Jewish or Hindu or Buddists? You can justify your bigotry to yourself, but excluding others' opinions because you don't like their skin, religion, sex, etc doesn't work for me. Take it to the religion board. I don't see a lot of "humbling" in your posts.

Well said Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 08:06 am
Kasaova wrote:
Jesus died for your sins. according to the Christians. So if you become a Christian and do wrong you will still go to heaven. So basically what this means is, Hitler is much better then the best of an most pious Atheist. As Hitler was a Christian, an free from sin. Do you see how illogic this is?

Yes I do, do you?

Kasaova wrote:
Anyway, its much more logical to believe in a god then not to. People who believe in god has absolutely nothing to lose however an atheist on the other hand does, say he dies finds out there is a god however now its too late for him he is buggerd! and will end up in hell.

If you don't start believing in invisible unicorns this minute one will trample you to death in your sleep!!!

Do you find that a compelling argument? This is how pascalls wager reads to a non-believer.

This simply goes to show that one can learn a lot about what frightens people from the way they go about trying to frighten you.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Okay, god is a moron.

It isn't fair to judge all gods by their followers. :wink:
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Piffka wrote:
Terry, you are awesome...

Thank you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:27 pm
It's easy to see where you stand. Is that your true religion?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:37 pm
dlowan wrote:
There is also the utter impossibility of "believing" something you do not believe. How on earth would you go about doing such a thing? Now I know that Santa Claus is not real, how would I go about believing in him again? And, even if I tried, this omniscient god would doubtless know what a fraud I was.

Then, there would be the terrible cost to one's integrity of trying to live an inauthentic and fake life, driven only by fear of a possible boogeyman under the death bed.

Are you seriously advocating that people attempt to live such a lie Kasaova? Lying to themselves and your putative god?

Good point. Would God spot fake belief and punish you anyway? Or would you get credit for making an outward show of belief, even if you secretly were skeptical?

What if God only wants souls who believe that aliens have visted earth in his name? What if the true test is whether you honor your parents after their deaths with yearly feasts? What if the Biblical God is really Satan trying to trick us into false belief and we must not believe anything it says?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 12:56 pm
Kasaova wrote:
What it really comes down to is about humbling yourself. Atheists refuse to do this; they hate the fact that there is an energy far more superior then them. Atheists live in a false-sense of reality, by denying the existence of god they make themselves believe there isn't a god so they do not have to be held-responsible for their actions. God challenges humans and says look around and if you're humble and submit yourself to god you will see the reality.

Why do you have such trouble understanding that atheists do not hate God, they simply lack any reason to believe that supernatural beings such as gods, goddesses, holy and unholy ghosts, demons, witches, angels, vampires, and flying dragons exist?

Of course atheists believe that they are held responsible for their actions, but by people who actually exist. Human beings have a moral obligation to avoid harming others, and to live our lives such that the world is a better place for our existence. We are judged by everyone whose lives we affected, but once everyone we ever knew is dead, the only judge is history.

Quote:
This life is a test for us; many atheists will say if there is a god why doesn't he show himself? This is like going for a test and saying why, don't we just get the paper with all the answers to it, however it doesn't work this way. If we pass this test if life and we submit to the will of god and humble ourselves - god has promised a reward for those who heed to his message and we are promised eternal-life. Everyone is given free-will, we make our own paths and it's up to us for believing or not believing.

Why should anyone humble themselves before an alleged being who does not deign to show himself to us, and apparently exists only in ancient writings and the minds of followers who need to bolster their own belief by spouting nonsensical dogma and pious platitudes at every turn?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 01:09 pm
Terry, But he did show himself; it's all written in the bible. No matter that its claims cannot be proved scientifically or that there is no other document from the same period that confirms the veracity of its claims. The bible as the word of god was inspired by god. It even quotes supposed characters in the bible several hundred years after the fact. Isn't that a miracle in and of itself? And god said.....
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 02:46 pm
In an effort to apply a little simple math to this discussion by taking a user (at random) and substituting numbers for letters: 1 for A…又应该怎么念 etc.
We have the string:

11 1 19 1 15 22 1

There are: 7 x 1's. For the seven letters in the name. He is the one.

We are left with 9+5+22=36 Three 666

Now I must get on building this 1 18 11. I feel rain in the air.
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:05 pm
Terry wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

Why do you have such trouble understanding that atheists do not hate God, they simply lack any reason to believe that supernatural beings such as gods, goddesses, holy and unholy ghosts, demons, witches, angels, vampires, and flying dragons exist?

Of course atheists believe that they are held responsible for their actions, but by people who actually exist. Human beings have a moral obligation to avoid harming others, and to live our lives such that the world is a better place for our existence. We are judged by everyone whose lives we affected, but once everyone we ever knew is dead, the only judge is history.

Quote:

Why should anyone humble themselves before an alleged being who does not deign to show himself to us, and apparently exists only in ancient writings and the minds of followers who need to bolster their own belief by spouting nonsensical dogma and pious platitudes at every turn?

You heard of Stalin? he was an Atheist.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:18 pm
Lol!!!

I am beginning to think Kasaova is our newest purveyor of satirical humour.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:32 pm
if only he were actually funny...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:47 pm
Well, I do actually find him funny in this thread.

I do worry, though, how many benighted christian fundamentalists actually share his views?

Some of their websites are full of worse trash than this.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:53 pm
quite a few i am sure

this isnt an uncommon stand point for christians to take..
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:10 pm
Kasaova wrote:
You heard of Stalin? he was an Atheist.

And Hitler was a Christian. So what's your point?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:13 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
quite a few i am sure

this isnt an uncommon stand point for christians to take..

You are lumping all Christians into the same pot as this crackpot? I think you will find that most people... Atheist, Agnostic and Christian would all find his words offensive. I know I do.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:34 pm
Stuh
stuh505 wrote:
God is an oxymoron.

Actually, god is dog spelled backwards.

Do atheists have an "A" tatooed on their foreheads so they can be detected before they are a danger to other pedestrians?

BBB
0 Replies