The reason why I didn't want Athiest....

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:49 pm
Metaphorically, yes.

I hate when that happens.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:51 pm
Kasaova wrote:
Your signature is misleading.

Do i dare ask how you come to that conclusion?
0 Replies

Kasaova

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:52 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

We are not all equal. Philosophy is not science.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:06 pm
Kasaova wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

Neither is religion or God.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:06 pm
Re: The reason why I didn't want Athiest....
Kasaova wrote:
...To post in the other topic....

Anyway I would like to make a comment I love god, he speaks to me when I walk down the street he tells me to do good. When ever I see an Atheist I feel like slapping them, however then god gives me this vision of atheists burring, and I think to myself. God will deal with them.

So this is why I don't want atheist in my topic corrupting everyone with there illogical godless prattle.

I don't hate atheists don't get me wrong I just don't like em' and I'm brutally honest about it.

You sure are one happy little chappy, ain't you?

You certainly validate my hypothesis that we create for ourselves the god we deserve.

(Irrespective of whether there actually is some sort of supernatural being, or not.)

Perhaps you need to look inside yourself and try to find out who you really hate, and who you are really angry with......odds are it is yourself in some way, shape or form.

Something is certainly not right if you need to project so much hate.

I wish you peace and greater self knowledge.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:11 pm
You mean he's being serious about all this?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
Laughing

think so
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:19 pm
DrewDad wrote:
You mean he's being serious about all this?

Dunno.

I am thinking troll, but who knows?

And, if he IS being serious, it's worth mebbe trying to insert a wee chink into that worrying armour, no?

I certainly won't bother to say anything more.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:02 pm
I think he's suggesting god will piss on your carpet and then you'll hit him with the rolled up newspaper.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
Kasaova wrote:
Anyway, its much more logical to believe in a god then not to. People who believe in god has absolutely nothing to lose however an atheist on the other hand does, say he dies finds out there is a god however now its too late for him he is buggerd! and will end up in hell.

Pascal was wrong. There are more than two possible outcomes to the wager, and the cost of belief is not zero.

Belief in God can cost you money (tithing, sending your life savings to TV evangelists), your career (women expected to stay home and raise kids), your ability to understand the universe (belief in 7-day creation and rejection of all opposing data), your sanity, or your life (religious objections to medical treatment, banning research).

There may be a god who does not care what people believe about it. There may be a god who will punish you if you worship the wrong god or do not perform the right rites, and who knows which of the thousands of denominations have correctly discerned its wishes? There may be a god who only wants people who are intelligent enough to reject illogical beliefs. There may be dozens of gods and goddesses in a power struggle to see who can control the most souls. God may want our souls for fodder instead of friendship. God may enjoy seeing us suffer and send souls to hell just for fun, regardless of what we did or believed on earth.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:10 pm
Kasaova wrote:
When ever I see an Atheist I feel like slapping them, however then god gives me this vision of atheists burring, and I think to myself. God will deal with them.

Quote:
I don't hate anyone. Hate is a too powerful word. Although god probably does hate atheists, seems very likely.

You may want to seek psychiatric help to deal with your irrational anger and fear.

If God really did hate atheists, all he has to do is show himself to everybody and there wouldn't be any more atheists.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:16 pm
Okay, god is a moron.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:20 pm
Kasaova wrote:

Hey! Maybe this guy does know something. LOL
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:25 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Some christians get all righteous and use the coverup of politeness to hid the fact they are bottom line telling you that you must believe as they do.....

Seems no one can just simply talk about God, without trying to convert or condemn.

Chai, you are a very wise person.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:26 pm
Kasaova wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Kasaova wrote:
Although god probably does hate atheists, seems very likely.

I can't think why God would care. Is not everyone, including Atheists, God's child? Doesn't Jesus want us all to love one another?

Jesus died for your sins. according to the Christians. So if you become a Christian and do wrong you will still go to heaven. So basically what this means is, Hitler is much better then the best of an most pious Atheist. As Hitler was a Christian, an free from sin. Do you see how illogic this is?

Anyway, its much more logical to believe in a god then not to. People who believe in god has absolutely nothing to lose however an atheist on the other hand does, say he dies finds out there is a god however now its too late for him he is buggerd! and will end up in hell.

It is quite obvious that you know nothing of Christianity and Jesus Christ.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:55 pm
I hate when people want to slap me for being atheist.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 11:12 pm
Look at the bright side, at least they're not slapping you. :wink:
Have a cup of tea and all will be well...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 11:23 pm
What has need to do with it.
You decide to set up icons, be prepared for icon - o - clasty.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 11:36 pm
Terry wrote:

Pascal was wrong. There are more than two possible outcomes to the wager, and the cost of belief is not zero.

Belief in God can cost you money (tithing, sending your life savings to TV evangelists), your career (women expected to stay home and raise kids), your ability to understand the universe (belief in 7-day creation and rejection of all opposing data), your sanity, or your life (religious objections to medical treatment, banning research).

There may be a god who does not care what people believe about it. There may be a god who will punish you if you worship the wrong god or do not perform the right rites, and who knows which of the thousands of denominations have correctly discerned its wishes? There may be a god who only wants people who are intelligent enough to reject illogical beliefs. There may be dozens of gods and goddesses in a power struggle to see who can control the most souls. God may want our souls for fodder instead of friendship. God may enjoy seeing us suffer and send souls to hell just for fun, regardless of what we did or believed on earth.

Terry, you are awesome...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 01:05 am
Terry wrote:
Kasaova wrote:

There is also the utter impossibility of "believing" something you do not believe. How on earth would you go about doing such a thing? Now I know that Santa Claus is not real, how would I go about believing in him again? And, even if I tried, this omniscient god would doubtless know what a fraud I was.

Then, there would be the terrible cost to one's integrity of trying to live an inauthentic and fake life, driven only by fear of a possible boogeyman under the death bed.

Are you seriously advocating that people attempt to live such a lie Kasaova? Lying to themselves and your putative god?
0 Replies