The Arrogance of America

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:57 am
The US has every reason to be arrogant and should not feel ashamed to be. We have a grand history and we should be proud of what we have done.

This article is merely rubbish and one person's opinion... I don't agree with his conclusions.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:48 am
Arrogant :- Making, or having the disposition to make, exorbitant claims of rank or estimation; giving one's self an undue degree of importance; assuming; haughty;

Like Mc G says....the U.S. has every reason to give itself an undue degree of importance.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:51 am
I am ashamed that America should feel superior to ANY country.

(with the possible exception of England)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:56 am
yeah
those damn brits..

Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 12:04 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Arrogant :- Making, or having the disposition to make, exorbitant claims of rank or estimation; giving one's self an undue degree of importance; assuming; haughty;

Like Mc G says....the U.S. has every reason to give itself an undue degree of importance.

Only undue in the opinion of a few that really do not matter though.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 01:24 pm
Is the originator of this thread not aware that the whole Faustian project,of which America is a part,is arrogant.The war on nature is about as arrogant (and undue)as arrogance gets.But it's good fun while it lasts eh but that isn't for much longer.According to most experts your kids will get it in the neck or your grandkids.
One scientist suggested prayer.

There was a guy on Fox last night going to tame hurricanes with $10 million's worth of white powder.
And the sludge he was going to turn the hurricane into falls in the sea and dissolves and is harmless to marine life.And nobody laughed.

For the full story read The Decline Of The West by Oswald Spengler.It's beyond my capacity to reduce it to an easily chewed bite except "you're doomed".

The title post is soap box arrogance.He thinks something can be done about it.With gas at $2 -no chance and who's going make it 20 outside of destiny itself.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 01:25 pm
After hubris comes nemesis.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 03:06 pm
Of course, the thread author says these things out of patriotism and love for America. I'm sure that even should she sell nuclear secrets to Iran, that would be an act of patriotism (how dare I question it).
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 03:27 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Of course, the thread author says these things out of patriotism and love for America. I'm sure that even should she sell nuclear secrets to Iran, that would be an act of patriotism (how dare I question it).

All i asked for was an Opinion, and you blame it all on the author of the thread, you got a habbit of doing this, right Brandon ?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 02:47 pm
freedom4free wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

All i asked for was an Opinion, and you blame it all on the author of the thread, you got a habbit of doing this, right Brandon ?

I have a perfect right to respond to any aspect of your post, including your choice of what to post. Trying to evade discussion?
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 03:35 pm
If only I could [be proud to be an American] while peasants, who wouldn’t know what New York is, have limbs blown off by pilots at 30 thousand feet who managed the remarkable feat of achieving ’air superiority’ over a 14th century land in record time.

Are you waving a flag Brandon ?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:47 pm
The arrogance of America.....uh huh!!!! We can do anything we want....kill Allende of Chile, but when the Syrians kill the premier of Lebanon, we are SHOCKED, I TELL YOU SHOCKED!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:14 pm
freedom4free wrote:
If only I could [be proud to be an American] while peasants, who wouldn't know what New York is, have limbs blown off by pilots at 30 thousand feet who managed the remarkable feat of achieving 'air superiority' over a 14th century land in record time.

Don't re-characterize what I said. It's a cheap trick. Just respond to it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:05 am
freedom4free wrote:
If only I could [be proud to be an American] while peasants, who wouldn't know what New York is, have limbs blown off by pilots at 30 thousand feet who managed the remarkable feat of achieving 'air superiority' over a 14th century land in record time.

Peasants? There are still people that are peasants or is that just a term of endearment that you use?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:33 am
McGentrix wrote:

Peasants? There are still people that are peasants or is that just a term of endearment that you use?

For instance, 'farming people' in Germany are associated in the "Peasant Association ('Bauernverband').

The peasants worldwide are organised in the International Peasant Movement (La Via Campesina).

Those for Europe (like the above mentioned German association, can be found here at 'Peasants Worldwide'.

Hope, this answers your question.

PS: The German Peasant Organisation alone has more than 400,000 members = 90% of all agricultural producers in Germany.

But of course you have every reason to be arrogant and neglect these handful of foreign aborigines.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:57 am
So there is a large agricultural section in Bagdad and other cities throughout Iraq that we are and have bombing? I don't see much news about farms being bombed...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:14 am
Besides that I doubt, you canl find many peasants with farms in Iraq, I was just answering your question if there are still people that are peasants.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:20 am
And I appreciated your attempt to belittle the point I made that in Iraq, the area we are discussing, I doubt many would consider themselves "peasants". That is a European concept in my opinion dating back to the fiefdoms.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:39 am
McGentrix wrote:
That is a European concept in my opinion dating back to the fiefdoms.

Actually, it seems to be more an American system of giving various things new and/or different meanings.

My ancestors have been since 1287 (at least) free peasants, and (at least) since that time owned their land.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:41 am
What were they before then? also, 1287 was long before America was even known about to Europeans...
0 Replies