Is George Bush really a Christian?

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:29 am
So you also are a petrol head questioner?

It doesnt absolve him of guilt, just spreads the guilt a whole lot wider
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:36 am
Actually no, i'm not. And i'm not seeking to absolve anyone's guilt. Bush has made more than his fair share of mistakes. I do, however, tire of people constantly using the "oil grubbing" moniker to defame Bush and other political leaders, and then go get in their SUV's and drive 5 blocks to the grocery store.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:08 pm
In that case I have to agree with you ?er

We all of us have to change our relationship with fossil fuels.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 12:06 am
Dependence on fossil fuels is a necessity if one lives in a rural area where no other transportation exists.

If you live in the city, not a problem to hop on a bus or bike to work. What do you do when you live 20 miles from work or the nearest town? Bike to work in the snow?

We need mass transit like Europe has had for years. Los Angeles should have subways/trains to eliminate people having to drive everywhere. That's just one example. The US and Canada need to get over their love affair with the auto and start pushing for mass transit/railway systems.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 06:57 am
pachelbel wrote:
Dependence on fossil fuels is a necessity if one lives in a rural area where no other transportation exists.

If you live in the city, not a problem to hop on a bus or bike to work. What do you do when you live 20 miles from work or the nearest town? Bike to work in the snow?

We need mass transit like Europe has had for years. Los Angeles should have subways/trains to eliminate people having to drive everywhere. That's just one example. The US and Canada need to get over their love affair with the auto and start pushing for mass transit/railway systems.

Thats the central issue. Love affair with cars. And loving big fast shiny sexy cars...its easy to become addicted admittedly. But they are only machines. Its time to get serious about whats really important.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 12:42 am
I also have a hard time in believing Bush is true blue. Have you read about the Project for a New American Century?
Here's a link.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/

I can't wait 'till God gets here and straightens out this whole messed up world.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:50 am
Yes, I have read the website about the 'New American Century" and it's really frightening.
Here's another website you might be interested in reading if you haven't already: www.america21.us

America plainly admits to wanting global dominance at any cost. Hubris always has a way of evening things out.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:47 am
non-denom christian wrote:
I can't wait 'till God gets here and straightens out this whole messed up world.

how strange

is god not in the world now?
isnt jesus christ alive today?

you've oprned up a can of worms wiyh that throw away line ndc

sorry about tpos one hand at momeny
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:34 am
The words must be taken in the context that God will have his day of wrath upon all who are corrupt. Please don't take that comment any other way. Thank you.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:52 pm
I suppose, in his deluded mind, he thinks he is a Christian. But his believing God is talking to him is a real psychological mental disorder. I'm thinking bi-polar schizophrenic. There are people locked up in psycho wards for thinking they are hearing voices. This person just happens to be running the country. Or maybe too much nose candy as well as booze destroyed what little brain cells the man had. Three more years........
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:12 pm
Quote:
how strange

is god not in the world now?
isnt jesus christ alive today?

you've oprned up a can of worms wiyh that throw away line ndc

God is in this world. Jesus is alive.

But for now......

Satan is in this world too and will be allowed to have even more control in the last 7 years. So many will not see the evil in this world until their eyes are opened.

Wanda
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:13 pm
pachelbel, would that be the candy bar, or the solar system?

Wanda
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 01:35 am
you decide
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 09:35 am
hmm....a candy bar in the solar system.

Wanda
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 10:44 pm
If George Bush is a Christian then that is something I definitely do not want to check into. I don't think Jesus believed in killing. His message was love. My, how the Christians, so=called, have distorted that!

I don't see that he is any different from, say, Saddam. Maybe I'll check into being a Muslim.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
pachelbel wrote:
Maybe I'll check into being a Muslim.

Right, because they have no outside factions that display violent tendancies.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 06:46 pm
Of course, one only hears about the Wahabbi, which started in Saudi Arabia. They are the violent element of the Muslim world. Most Muslims condemn violence.

However, Christians do 'display violent tendancies'.
Remember the Crusades? Rather violent, I would say.
How many 'christians' are in Iraq? Isn't the president a self proclaimed Christian?
Yes, I think I'll check into being Muslim.....because I can.....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 06:49 pm
What?! Who do you think the Christians were fighting in the Crusades? The Muslims! Both sides fighting for the same thing.

So, pachelbel, can you please explain to me why you would give the Muslims more of a benefit of a doubt than you would Christians? (That is what I gather from your post.)
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:02 am
Because it's a free country, and I can check into any religion I want to. Right? I may check into Rev. Moon. I hear they are friends of the Bush family. Also am interested in Buddism. So who knows? Definitely not Christian, they are too hypocritical for my taste.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:05 am
Pachelbel,

I hope you did not take offense. I was just surprised that you didn't give the Muslims the same credit as the Christians because that is who the Christians were fighting. I would have thought you'd equate them more equally.

Do you think it's because Christianity is more in the public eye? I am very curious about this.

Again, if I offended you, I apologize.
0 Replies