Is George Bush really a Christian?

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 08:48 am
Neither does George, surely you understood what he meant when he said that right? A rabbit of your intelligence is bound to understand what personification and belief is all about.

The left loves to take the words of Bush, sometimes deservedly so, and distort them into something they are not. Especially those on the left with no faith of their own.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:09 am
You know this latest reason, that God told him to do it really does take the biscuit.

Its the mother of all reasons, Bush's trump card and now he's played it he cant play it again. Unless of course he gets another message from God about the wickedness of the Persians. How did Bush know it was God anyway? Did he phone back to check the caller's id?

And how convenient that God gives George permission to do what Dick Cheney wanted him to do all along?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:10 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Really? So what, in your opinion, is a Christian and how are they supposed to act?

A Christian is one who seeks to emulate Christ, not worship Christ.

That is definitely what I was taught. Leading a good Christian life does not mean going to church. It means trying to be a good person in your daily life. Saying you are a Christian is different from living as a Christian.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
George hardly has a monopoly on combining those. How many church services did Clinton Attend? He was never far from the pulpit...Same with Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, etc...

but we aren't talking about them are we? we're talking about gwb, and no matter what anyone else did, it doesn't excuse junior. when will you folks get that?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:26 am
God also spoke to Adolf Hitler, Charles Manson and Peter Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire "Ripper").

Maybe God isn't as nice as we all think he is.

Maybe we are all in for a big, but not very pleasant, surprise.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:27 am
Dog spoke to Son of Sam.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
Excuse him for what? Being the man that he is? For believing in something? For admitting he is Christian? What should we be excusing him for Bear?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:30 am
sounds like you were trying to excuse him by bringing up past presidents. no surprise there but we can substitute the word defend for excuse if you like, it's just as dumb.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:34 am
Well, my response was to Lord Ellpus and what he said. In his context, he made it seem as though Bush had done something no one else had done previously. I am sorry if my rebuttal caused you anguish.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:36 am
well try to keep in mind how sensitive I am would ya?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
Synonymph wrote:
Dog spoke to Son of Sam.

Heeheehee...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:38 am
Like I said.....God spoke to Adolf Hitler, so GWB isn't the first, I suppose.

I concede that point to you Mc G.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:39 am
God speaks to me all the time and I'm just a whatever it is I am.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:41 am
If George says he is a Christian and follows a path which he believes is the path which God The Almighty wants him to follow then that is all that matters. It is not my place to denigrate him with unproven accusations just because I am not totally content with something which he may or may not have done.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:46 am
sturgis you're out of this conversation all together. as an admitted homosexual, you have no access to God or heaven period. Hell any real Christian knows that. Razz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 09:49 am
I wonder how George and Tony (another good christian), square up against these......

4.........THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

God is The Creator and The Judge. Men do not have the right to kill another human being, whether it be to take his life, his will, his dignity, his skill, his mind, his hope, his trust, his integrity. Men can be depleted of physical energy, emotional control and spiritual strength by another man's lack of self-discipline, emotional instability, greed, hate, lust, anger, lack of charity.

To kill is to rob man of the great privilege reserved for God alone. Only God has the right to judge when the physical must end."

8............THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR.

"All men must be aware that to gossip or to darken another man's name or way will most certainly be accountable to Me. Each man is accountable for himself and will have to stand solely alone on the merits he earned walking the human role. Men who sin against this Rule will most likely sin against several of the others, for to bear false witness says ego, pride, jealousy, contempt, and a lack of self-discipline."

10.............THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.

"This Rule applies first to all I have created, for I Am The Lord Of All Things.

When men better understand that they must earn the profits, whether they be material in a large way or small, they will better understand the justice in this Rule. There are many areas men will abuse in this Commandment. Men will frivolously borrow many things from other men and never account for them. Time is one of them. Time taking, without reason, good purpose, can stop another man's progress, profits and gain. Men must not judge another man's reasoning, but must take care first of their own needs and concentrate on their own Souls..............

<AN INTERESTING BIT COMING UP> .......for a man who has been sinned against is sometimes weakened and it creates within him the desire to RETALIATE, causing a graver sin through weakness."

I'm thinking specifically Iraq, here.

.......and number 7, of the "seven heresies" is.......

Hypocrisy

Deceit
Double Standards
Ecclesiastical and Political Injustices
Ecclesiastical Infiltration of Insubordinate Factions

Hmmmm.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:53 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
sturgis you're out of this conversation all together. as an admitted homosexual, you have no access to God or heaven period. Hell any real Christian knows that. Razz

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:00 am
Gosh, seems like we have gone from a political discussion to a religious discussion. Interesting.

Anyway, here's my nickel's worth about who is a Christian. Going to church does not make one a Christian. Trying to emulate Christ does not in and of itself make one a Christian. Believing that Christ died on a cross as atonement for one's sins and repentence of those sins is what makes one a Christian. Different denominations may call it different things or may have a different way of bringing a person to that point, but that is quite frankly all it takes. This of course does not make one perfect. But out of love for the Savior flows the desire to emulate Christ and to build a relationship with Him as best a person can.

As such, whether GWB is or is not a Christian is between him and God. He says he is. So be it. Does not mean he won't make mistakes. Does not mean he cannot or should not lead our country into a war that he believes is just. It just means he has accepted Christ's sacrifice in forgiveness of his sins.

Okay, now back to the political discussion. Smile
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:59 pm
Lord Ellpus,
Good post. I must say I agree with your reasoning!
It does seem to me, anyway, that what one DOES is more important than what one SAYS. GWB has killed thousands of people and has used God as an excuse. I find that reprehensible and contrary to what the Bible says about 'shall not kill'. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I smell hypocrisy coming from GWB.....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:57 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I wonder how George and Tony (another good christian), square up against these......

4.........THOU SHALT NOT KILL.physical must end."

So all wars were wrong, and no wartime president could be a Christian right?

Lord Ellpus wrote:
8............THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR.

Who did this? Please give a very specific example, as long as you are making an accusation. And please don't begin it with, "Everyone knows."

Lord Ellpus wrote:
10.............THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.

I think that was "wife."
0 Replies