I don't watch TV at all!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,988 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Cinderwolf

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:07 pm
i said 6 or more, but iam usually doing something else while watching working, reading, on computor. also because of the war ive been watching a lot more latly. but last year while i was working on a subdivision i watched maybe an hour every week or so, i didnt miss it at all. maybe the simpsons Smile
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:27 pm
I clicked 1-2 hours per day, but some days I don't watch it at all. I'm the opposite of Cinderwolf - since the war, I watch it much less. In my opinion, the content on TV has gone way downhill in the last few years.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:10 pm
Too many commercials anyways...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:14 pm
Just news. Has upped since war.

Shows are no good anymore.
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:49 pm
I watch about four hours of TV a day. It is such an easy and pleasant way to get information. I can sit back, cuppa or a glass of wine, while someone explains, say, the history of Britain to me, with great visuals. I can find out what is going on across the world as though I was almost there. See places and animals I'll never encounter in 'the real world'.
I love reading too, but TV is.....nice.... Smile

'Television, the drug of the nation,
Breeding ignorance and pumping radiation' The Disposible Heroes of Hiphoprisy
I think they were too harsh, though TV can have a tranquilising effect Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:30 am
I watch alot of TV. My work station at home is set up in front of the TV and it's on all day.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:38 am
I watch when there's something good on, which isn't every day. The only time I have is at night, and I read to relax then. I voted 0-1 hours a day.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:44 am
Only watch the news, the odd sports event and that's it.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:52 am
Thinkzinc....tv has a tranquiizing effect on some people, for instance my husband falls asleep in front of it every night. For me, it has the opposite effect. A good program will keep me awake long after it's over.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 11:09 am
I watch TV all the time,..not that I'm always paying attention to it, but I like the background noise. I have a dvr, so it picks up and saves all of the programs I like, I can watch them when I want to,..and it skips the commercials Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 04:32 pm
It's on somewhere between a coupla times a month and once a week. The t.v. makes a nice display stand.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:30 pm
I try to take in an hour or so daily on TV to get updated on the news.

Sometimes I will tune in for a big news event, like a presidential address to the nation. I also like "specials" such as the recent Academy Awards
program.

Overall, though, I find TV a bit boring. I haven't watched a new situation comedy in years.
0 Replies

ronmac60

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 09:48 am
Of course it all depends on how MUCH time you have to spare. I remember when I didn't have an hour a day to watch TV. Now I can watch it all day long if I choose.

What is amazing to me is how someone can REFRAIN from watching TV at all. 12% said they never watched TV. One can only imagine the vacuum these people have in their lives. I can't imagine missing 25 years of watching "60 Minutes" or "Investigative Reports" or "20-20" or the hundreds of hours of that fascinating "Discovery Channel". My life would be virtually hollow shell.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:14 am
Each day I read:

NYTimes
Boston Globe
WSJ
Financial Times

plus: The International Jerusalem Post (weekly )
Forward (weekly)
Jewish Advocate ( weekly )
Jerusalem Report ( every other week )

and several magazines.

I have little time left over for TV which is presently a bore in the Boston area, anyway!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:15 am
ebeth:

My TV is so old and cheap, on a good day, I can get 3 stations fairly clear, and the 4th is very cloudy.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:46 am
New Haven<

Certainly there must be several cable-TV companies in the Boston area. Subscribing to cable is certainly worth the cost just in clarity of image alone.

Though I don't watch too much TV (as stated before), I can't imagine life without the more than 100 channels cable TV brings me at a cost of about $27 per month.

I'm not suggesting that you become addicted to TV, but that you "broaden your horizon" somewhat by adding cable to your media mix.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:25 pm
None. Don't have tv, can't afford one, don't have space for one, and can't spare the time.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 01:44 pm
Hi all:

I watch probably too much. Like JerryR I have it on for back round noise, I always thought it was an only child thing/electronic babysitter thing. Usually I'm reading, doing an art project, cleaning while it's on.

As for the Boston area--There is cable and now digital cable available. It's expensive and a personal choice. NBC and CBS affiliates are located right in the city as well as PBS and formerly UHF stations now FOX, UPN and the WB -- All can be received via aerial. The ABC affiliate is in a south shore suburb, and BU owns a former UHF station, that now shows PAX programming. We don't have cable in the kitchen and we can get Rhode Island stations in there as well. We were among the last in my town to get cable, only because we have the planes, if not I don't think my mom would have caved.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 03:31 pm
About 30 mins a day for the 6pm news. Our TV is ideal for collecting dust in all those awkward places and thus justifies us in owning a Hoover
0 Replies