What Do You Do To ...

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:31 am
keep your kids safer online? After reading through how to keep your kids safe on halloween, I thought that this would be a great topic of discussion. What do you do keep your kids safer online? Do you talk to them, monitor them, what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 874 • Replies: 2
No top replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:44 am
My kids are still pretty young, but old enough to go on line. My youngest can be on the internet only with my direct supervision. My oldest can do some searching online for school projects, but I usually search first to see if the likely search terms will come up with anything inappropriate. As the kids get older, they will have more responsibility for staying away from inappropriate material on their own. We talk about the things that could come up that I want them to stay away from, and why. I do have pretty good filters on my internet service that get rid of most of the junk.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:31 pm
Do you ever talk to your kids about the dangers of the internet? Tell them to keep their personal information to themselves? I have just heard so many horror stories of kids giving out their personal info and finding themselves in horrible, life- threatening situations. Have you checked out these stories on Netsmartz webiste?
0 Replies