A2K Writers Club

spidergal

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:04 am
I wish you live to a 100.....or even more.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:26 pm
Spidergal--

Thanks for the kind words--may each of them have added a day to your life.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:18 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Spidergal--

Thanks for the kind words--may each of them have added a day to your life.

If everyone wishes that for me.......well I may live to some 10000 or so years.... Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:25 pm
Quote:
If everyone wishes that for me.......well I may live to some 10000 or so years....

You're an enterprising person. You won't be bored.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:11 am
May be.......heh.

But for sure, such a time would definitely be enough to fulfill to all my gigantic goals.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 12:30 am
Some day, someone will find a cure to ageing... :wink:
0 Replies

Wisp

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 10:06 pm
I am new to these forms, and I would like to be a writer, but I can't seem to pile my ideas up enough so i can continuously write a book. I am in need of feedback and advice, and if anyone could help me out that would be great.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 07:25 am
Wisp,

We are all available....just post away.
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 05:56 pm
A2K writers club? Names Sam, I am a writer, swimmer, and student. If anyone can help, I need feedback on a piece I am working on. Its called "The Fires of War".
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 07:25 am
Go ahead......DBD
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:21 pm
Alright, I scratched my other story, but here is this one. I am working hard to fix somethings right now, but here is what I have so far.

Intro:

A single, small, dexterous rouge surveyed the desert stalls of Contayarr. The soil beneath his feet was a thin coating of dust and dirts swept in by a sandstorm that now lay over solid rock. The thief's eyes flickered, watching the eyes of each and every person as they walked by him in his shadowed hiding in the alcove of a desolate building. From across the street, the Guards of Contayarr had spotted him, and were watching him from the rooftops of the buildings. He slipped out from beneath the doorway, and sidled into the crowd of the market square. The guards hustled around the rooftops, trying to get a visual of the rouge, but couldn't seem to get one. A bulky guard whispered to the man next to him. "Arthur, climb down this rotten building and follow that damned thief, Ren. We cannot afford to let him get away from us again."
The young man who the guard was talking to quickly responded. "Aye, sir, I'll be down in a jiff." As Arthur climbed down the side of the building, the thief down below made another move. He was now visible again on the side of the market, slinking around the stalls, panting for breath. The rouge glanced right, and saw Arthur scaling down the side of the building. He picked up his pace, and shot down a nearby alleyway.

Arthur saw the thief shoot down the alley, and as his feet hit the dust, he could here the large guard yelling at him, and could almost imagine the spit flying from his mouth. "Arthur, follow him! He is getting away again!" Arthur ignored the guard, for he already was picking up his pace, pushing through the blind buyers of the merchant stalls. He made it across the street, and slid down the alleyway, seeing slight footprints left in the dust. He followed the prints to a solid stone wall, and scaled it easily, but he already knew he was too late. Ren must have fled the city.

The small group of guards had crossed around the building tops, and where now above Arthur. They looked down at him, each one of them with a grimace on their face. They all knew the simple truth; Lord Herriot would not be pleased.

Ren waited for the guards to leave, and crept out from below a thin space between cracked openings along the wall. It took a good five minutes to get out of, but it was worth the effort. Despite the fact that he could not leave the city yet, Ren was smiling, and proud of his escape from the Royal Guard. He walked out from the alleyway, and back into the unforgiving crowd of the market square.

------------------------------------------ --- ------------------------------------------
0 Replies

Doggerel1

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 05:09 am
Hey.

I think you've got it all wrong in here. Don't talk
ABOUT writing: just do it.

I'm going to post stories, playlets, scenelets whatever. You guys do the same.

We can get some discussion going, if someone wants to know more about a piece, or wants to critique.

Why does everything have to be slotted into categories?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:00 am
Hiya..........Doggerel!
0 Replies

Doggerel1

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:18 am
I've been ovre to Fanfiction. I found someone called Alphazodiac
writing in the Aniime section. He was completely hilarious: you have
to read him.

His parody of 'American Pie' deserves a wider circulation...

Watch this space for more guff from me.

P.S. Merry Andy Pandy - do you have anything to do with layout?
Would it be possible to design the board so that you could click
on a 'blue' which would then reveal your story/poem?

I'm very keen on getting visual presentation right. I would love to
be able to do my stuff on Word, then send it into the forum and have
people click on it. Also, the board wouldn't look so crowded.
0 Replies