A2K Writers Club

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:51 am
Lately, I have realised some of the members have a fluent and eloquent writing style. I am convinced they must be writers, I am a writer myself.

So, lets gather, dear writers.

I am glad to discuss what my counterparts around the world are writing, what are they submittting, what are they getting published.

I envision a sort of writers group forming here. Well, lets see
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,323 • Replies: 53
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:47 am
hey, talented people....i m waiting come reveal the genius in you!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:23 am
No, volunteer till now
Ugh...i am waiting.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:31 am
Have I scared you off? Or you simply don't have the courage?
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
Ah, Well. I write. Working on a Play. What are you up to, Spidey?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:40 am
Don't know how good an idea this thread is. If I talk (or post) about what I'm writing, I'll never actually write it. I know that from experience.
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:42 am
I wonder how a thread's existence (or absence for that fact) affect your approach to writing.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:32 pm
I know from bitter experience that if I talk about what I'm working on, or -- worse yet -- planning to start work on, I never bother writing it afterwards. The need to communicate has been expiated in the telling.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:42 pm
Perhaps, then could you tell me if you ever got something published. I like to know how successful my fellow writers are!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:56 pm
Sure. I had my first short story published at the age of 19 (that was way back in 1957) in a men's magazine. As a former newspaper reporter, almost anything I wrote was published in the papers and wire-services I wrote for. I had a novel conditionally accepted for publication by a paperback publisher some years ago, but the editor wanted me to make a large number of changes. I never got around to it. I never try to publish any of my poetry -- it's too personal and, frankly, not that good.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 02:03 pm
I have considered having my poem "The Duck" published, but then I think about all the tv and radio appearances, the pesky press, the adoration of the fans, and the whole thing seems a bit too much.

I guess I'm not quite ready for fame.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
Neither is the public gustav.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:15 pm
Welcome to a2k spidergal Smile

Thought you might like to know that there is also a writing thread here, created by the late cavfancier.

The Virtual Story Tellers Campfire
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:18 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have considered having my poem "The Duck" published, but then I think about all the tv and radio appearances, the pesky press, the adoration of the fans, and the whole thing seems a bit too much.

I guess I'm not quite ready for fame.

But you could use the money Gus... that old hut you live in is about to cave in Shocked
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:00 pm
Gus, I would pay good, hard cash for any poetry anthology which cained your poem "The Duck." Hard currency, too, no zloltys or rubles.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:45 pm
I still remember the night I composed "The Duck". I had been drinking quite heavily and I was at the point where I could barely lift my glass. I just stared at the whiskey.

Several minutes went by and I heard a splash. Looking outside I saw a duck landing on the water.

That provided the impetus for the composition of "The Duck"

The rest is history.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:06 pm
One never knows where inspiration will come from, does one? People sometimes ask me where I get my ideas. Well, believe it or not, I once got a fantastic idea watching Cindy Crawford walk to her table in a crowded NYC restaurant. The idea had nothing to do with writing, but, still...
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:45 am
Merry Andrews I can learn a lot from you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:07 am
i dabble into writing. articles for poli sci journals mostly. no fiction though yet, although i have one story based on a life of a friend on a back burner. as soon as i'm done with a dissertation (can't be soon enough) i want to steer towards journalism even more.

in other words - bookmark -
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:08 am
gus, i would love to read your duck poem. would you care to post it? puhleeeeaze!
0 Replies