I believe just a lil mom rant smile

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:33 am
Things I must believe :-)

I believe that some day my 8 year old daughter will grow up and move out.
I believe that the stupid things she does are ment to teach her what is not such a good idea.
I must believe there is enough advil in the world to go around to each and evey parent.
I believe my kids think I've lost my hearing, why else would they find the need to say mommy 25 times in one minute.
I believe my kids know what makes mom mad but are trying to see if the saying "your face will freeze that way" is actually true.
I believe that when they say i don't know. they really do.
I believe that her main goal in life is not to drve me insane but to make me a stronger person.

I belive I'm done. smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:47 pm
D_B--

I like your attitude. I spend weeks of my motherhood years wondering just what wicked things I'd done in my past reincarnations that I'd earned hundreds and thousands of learning experiences in this life.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 04:56 pm
Beautiful Mo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/grass.jpg

Your face will freeze like that Mo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/freeze.jpg

These photos were taken not more than a minute apart. I keep both around to remind me how quickly things can go to pot.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:11 pm
Heehee! Love the rant, love the Mos.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:34 pm
Ohhhh my goodnesss He is sooo cute. thank you for sharing those grin. He is just adorable.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:51 pm
Yes indeed. Mo is absolutely gorgeous and absolutely mercurial.

To paraphrase a friend of mine:

I believe his main goal in life is not to drve me insane but to make me a stronger person.
0 Replies

arji

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:35 pm
OMG, db - you've got a winning attitude. <nods>

mo's a cutie. in the one pic. heheh. in the first one, I'm going, "what did you DO???? you are supposed to be the bane of your MOTHER'S EXISTENSE! <s>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:04 pm
Quote:
I believe my kids think I've lost my hearing, why else would they find the need to say mommy 25 times in one minute.

I care for an almost-2-year-old and a just-past-6-year-old who do this. I have laughed more at it since I've read your rant. They also both say "watchwatchwatchwatch" - simultaneously, even when I'm driving.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:14 pm
That can be done non-verbally too btw. Sozlet taps my arm to get my attention. I'll look at her and say, "yeah?" She'll keep tapping. I'll say "Yeah?" She'll keep tapping. I'll say "DID YOU WANT TO SAY SOMETHING??!" And she'll jump and look innocent.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:15 pm
hehehehe.... maybe the tapping comes in more handy with a deaf mom.
0 Replies

arji

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
Maybe kids have that. <shrugs>

Now I don't feel so guilty for saying, "Mommy ...mommy ... I love you!" 5000 times a minute when I was small.
0 Replies

arji

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:23 pm
like, once means Ï want a cookie"and 5000 means, Ï need to potty"?

r.g. - annoyed with the quotes on her "smart"keyboard
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:28 pm
Yeah, littlek, the tapping IS the exact equivalent of the "mommy mommy"s you guys are talking about. That's what she does instead of "mom!" or at the same time as.
0 Replies

arji

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:39 pm
that's cool, though - cuz she doesn't interupt. <s>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:54 pm
Oh but she does!!

That's the thing (hmmm, hard to describe), that the tapping is exactly equivalent to the verbal "mom!, mom!" Since it has the same purpose ("pay attention to me, I need to tell you something"), that's exactly how it's received, and it's (I imagine, don't have a direct basis for comparison for this one) just as annoying.

Anyway, can relate to your original rant, db!
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:35 am
Haha Yes I understand that. The 2 now 3 year old who i'll call Goose has noticed that I can't see that well so I guess he decided he must add a yank to my clothing to make sure i heard him. That and the UMMmmmm when you answer. I use to care for a little girl that was taken off her pacifier and she would stand near you, find a spot on your arm and squeeze your arm with her hand in a pacifier sucking motion. That was anoying and a lil strange lol. But it kept her quiet
0 Replies