Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:12 pm
Stunning New Poll: Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq

By a margin of 50% to 44%, Americans want Congress to consider impeaching President Bush if (like there's any doubt!) he lied about the war in Iraq, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org and conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs, the highly-regarded non-partisan polling company.

http://democrats.com/bush-impeachment-poll-1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:15 pm
You know, I would impeach that son of a bitch if even smirks again.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:24 pm
Impeachment wouldn't be the proper course of action.

What we need here is a good old fashioned hanging.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:32 pm
I think he should be elected as the new president of Iraq.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:39 pm
Why do you hate America
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 08:33 pm
I wonder how good Ipsos' polling is?

Also, would it not be fairly standard for people to believe that any political leader should lose their position if they have lied about such a weighty decision?

The trick is in belling the cat...
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 08:45 pm
"...belling the cat..."?

What the....
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:17 am
Of course he lied about why the US should invade Iraq. He lied over and over.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/images/28/20/theyknew.jpg

Bush administration was warned before the war that its Iraq claims were weak

Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq

Now the bad news, if Bush were impeached, we’d get Chaney.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:30 am
It was so obvious he lied before the war even started. The American people ought to impeach themselves for being willing dupes.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:30 am
freedom, if Bushie were impeached Cheney would be also. What is shocking about this poll is that 44% would not impeach Bushie even if it were proven he lied us into war. 80% Republicans would not impeach if he lied us into war. But they were rabid over impeachment for lying about sex between consenting adults. I dont think there's a bigger crime than lying the world into war.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:42 am
blueflame1 wrote:
freedom, if Bushie were impeached Cheney would be also. What is shocking about this poll is that 44% would not impeach Bushie even if it were proven he lied us into war. 80% Republicans would not impeach if he lied us into war. But they were rabid over impeachment for lying about sex between consenting adults. I dont think there's a bigger crime than lying the world into war.

They are supporting his lies, that's crazy Mad

And anyway the house and senate are both controlled by republicans. Bush will never be impeached over the Iraq war lies.

There is no way out, it's a political trap.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:45 am
edgarblythe wrote:
It was so obvious he lied before the war even started. The American people ought to impeach themselves for being willing dupes.

Edgar is actually making a serious point here. Because the American and British governments are in theory democratically elected, and commit such horrendous crimes as bin Laden sees it, it justifies acts of terrorism against innocent American and British voters.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:16 am
Thanks for those appalling lies Freedom4

I particularly liked:

LIE #9: "We know where [Iraq's WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat." -- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, March 30, 2003, in statements to the press.

FACT: Needless to say, no such weapons were found, not to the east, west, south or north, somewhat or otherwise.

Rumsfeld's east west south north and somewhat just creases me up. Smile

LIE #10: "Yes, we found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited." -- President Bush in remarks in Poland, published internationally June 1, 2003.

FACT: This was reference to the discovery of two modified truck trailers that the CIA claimed were potential mobile biological weapons lab. But British and American experts -- including the State Department's intelligence wing in a report released this week -- have since declared this to be untrue. According to the British, and much to Prime Minister Tony Blair's embarrassment, the trailers are actually exactly what Iraq said they were; facilities to fill weather balloons, sold to them by the British themselves.

............................................................................................

And I have an even more interesting take on lie#10. I can tell you from direct knowledge what they were. They were mobile hydrogen generators which were indeed used to fill balloons. Suspended from the ballon was a radar reflector which fed back info on atmospheric conditions which in turn was fed into the computers used to aim howitzers. (this was during the Iran Iraq war) As it was impractical to tow several tonnes of metal cylinders around the battlefield, the hydrogen was generated on site on a trailer from a mixture of methanol and water and used a sophisticated molecular sieve. They had absolutely NOTHING to do with germ or chemical warfare.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 08:17 am
This business of making chemical or biological weapons from trucks driving around is a pretty ridiculous idea on the face of it. These things are difficult enough to make in laboraties, let alone the back of trucks. What if the truck is driving around, and during a critical juncture of making an explosive mixture, the truck hits a pothole?

It can give a new meaning to the expression, "There goes the neighborhood!".
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:03 am
Not only should he be impeached but he should be tried and convicted for crimes against humanity.

As for the poll I am curious to know what the results would have been if the word "if" had been left out of the question. Further the answer to the question as to whether you believe that Bush lied had also been asked.
0 Replies