NY subway threat a hoax

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:09 pm
Quote:
Information that led to heightened security for the New York City transit system was a hoax, government sources said Tuesday.

The sources said an informant in Iraq who provided the tip had told investigators about a terrorist plot involving New York's subway system. That informant admitted he gave false information, the sources said.

On Monday, New York police said they would reduce the increased security measures put in place last week on the city's subways.

CNN

If we're not careful, we may start letting terrorism affect our day to day lives. And then the media and their corporate sponsors will win.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
And the Righties wonder why we don't get our panties in a bunch whenever they raise the terror alert level...

On the other hand; bombs at Oklahoma, GaTech, and UCLA(found in advance) are not a good sign. Keep your head down if you live near a college campus...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:13 pm
Them damn conspiracy theorists knew it was hoax all along.
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:45 pm
It was Jesus. He did it. Bastard.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 12:27 pm
The Nexus of Politics and Terror (Keith Olbermann)

Secaucus - Last Thursday on Countdown, I referred to the latest terror threat - the reported bomb plot against the New York City subway system - in terms of its timing. President Bush's speech about the war on terror had come earlier the same day, as had the breaking news of the possible indictment of Karl Rove in the CIA leak investigation.

I suggested that in the last three years there had been about 13 similar coincidences - a political downturn for the administration, followed by a "terror event" - a change in alert status, an arrest, a warning. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9665308/#051012a
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 12:48 pm
It's a good thing I can't add 2+2.
0 Replies

yardsale

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 01:21 pm
Quote:
It appears that the current threat level increase and potential threats in NY (subways) and DC (national monument) may have been a political stunt considering the pres. recently gave an address trying to realign public support for the war. The idea that AlQ. would take over IZ if we leave, is crazy. The real deal: the administration is afraid that Iran and Syria will have an overwhelming influence on the state. Besides as stated in the speech we have disposed of 75% of AlQ, right.

In the pres. current speech he mentioned that AlQ would control of IZ if we leave, taking the war to the Mid-east protects us from being attacked here, and that 5 attacks had been foiled in the US. The NY and DC threats were probably blown out of proportion in order to knock the latter points home. Think about it, why, now say that there is a threat from IZ based terror.

What would better aid in validating what the pres said in his speech, but a terror threat from IZ!!!!!!!

Speech Analysis:
1. 75% of AlQ's leadership has been eliminated, so how can ALQ take over IZ
2. There is no proof that the Iraq war has helped us slow down attempts to strike the US, but there is evidence that IZ has energized the Fundamentalist effort (i.e. threat on NY possibly from IZ)
3. 5 attacks foiled is an attempt to further validate taking the war to IZ, who knows we may have only had 1 attempt if we had not energized the effort, and know we have a poss threats from entities in IZ.

You have to read between the lines when it comes the politics!!!!!!!!! The public is overall easily swayed because of ignorance of the political process. - yardsale

Above is from a thread on www.politicalforum.com Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:20 pm.

Wow! Now that it is considered a hoax I definatly stand more firm in my analysis. The least to say, I agree with blueflame1! I think that those of us who are political scientist must perfect the art of reading between the lines!! :wink:

Of course, some connect reading between the lines with conspiracy theory, don't be lame!
0 Replies

yardsale

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 02:47 pm
I did not even mention the 38% approval rating that would provide the motive for the last speech and the Hoax in NY and DC.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:18 am
Wow ! Look here

Al Qaeda: Letter Is a U.S. Fake

Quote:
CAIRO, Egypt — A posting on an Islamic Web site Thursday accused the United States of fabricating a letter in which Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader asked for money and laid out the terrorist group's plans for expanding the insurgency in the Middle East.

FoxNews

The contents of the letter? Interestingly, the contents of the letter basically spell out to a "T" everything the President has warned us about will happen if we pull out. The letter states al-Zarqawi and Al-Queda are waiting for the U.S. media to "wear down" America's support for the war on terror and for U.S. troops to pull out so they can take over the entire Middle East and basically launch war and terror attacks on the entire world.

Well, that was certainly convenient timing for the Bush Adminstration wasn't it?

Speaking of the propoganda machine:

CNN - Bush Fakes it
0 Replies

yardsale

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:18 pm
Free-

Zoroastrian Realism and the appeal to fear of "bad/evil" propaganda makes me want to toss my biscuits. It is crazy, how much people buy into that crap. We are defenders of good they are defenders of bad. blah blah!! We are the greatest most holy state in the world Rolling Eyes Read newspapers from around the world and you will see what I am talking about. All state governments do it!

I guess you have to do, what you gotta do, to get the peoples support!
0 Replies