When can I cry?

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
2 years of hunting, applying, jumping through firey hoops , having the door slammed in my face, being turned down for no apparent reason, being shunned and rejected have really torn me down.
Nothing I can do seems to help me find a job that will accept me no matter the back ground.
Top that off with - I have bean during the day and cant afford day care-.

Holy cow, my backbone feels like a wet noodle.

Until this :

Quote:
I would like for you to come in for an interview. Are you available either Wednesday night anytime between 6pm and 8pm, Thursday between 8am and 5pm, or Friday 8am and 11am? If your paperwork comes back ok, I would like you to start as of Oct 16th 8:15 am to 12:45pm. I also need someone for Friday mornings at 8:45am to11:45 starting on the 28th, if you can come in for an interview before this Friday, I could use you as of this Friday.

Let me know. Thanks

This job is at a day care center in a church just down the street.
A DAY CARE CENTER!
Top it off with the fact that, this is a job I can take bean with me.

Is it too stupid to say that I am so happy I could cry?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,278 • Replies: 125
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 11:57 am
I'll cry with you, sometimes it's so refreshing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:03 pm
>sigh<
this is an amazing weight off my shoulders.
I went from no job and no prospects to a full time job that I can take bean with .. and a small part time job I created myself.

we are SOOOO outta this hell hole.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:18 pm
My top lip is officially quivering in sympathy.

I hope this is a great turning point for you, Mrs Wolf.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:22 pm
You go girl...just let those tears of joy out!

Good Luck! Cool
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:23 pm
PARTY! That calls for a Pah-tay!

Congrats, shewolf. Sounds wonderful, and you sure as hell deserved it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
oh dag, you are SO right.
I think , tonight, i will treat my self to a good stiff one..

drink that is. Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:25 pm
Sweet. Now stop with the crying already, and start the happy dance!!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
And I tell you what,
i will never, EVER, take being employed for granted again.
Employment is a necessity for survival..
but it is a luxury that noone has to hand out .

talk about a big lesson.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:27 pm
Applications and interviews are not a real good way to find out about a person. Isn't it just a relief to get your foot in a door somewhere so they can begin to find out who the real you is? You are not a piece of paper or a history. You are MISS FABULOUS and you kick ass!

Well done. Cry away and then celebrate!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
start the happy dance!!!!

come dance with me..

clothing optional..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:35 pm
the greatest point is that , this day care job pays .. oy vey.,, I think she said 10.70 ?? an hour?
So for part time work ( less then 30 hours a week) this is a fabulous amount to help boost our savings.

I keep the small house cleaning business and the money I make from that goes directly into the savings account ( approx 340 a month) and in 4 months, when our projected move out time is , we will have at minimum 1,360 to add to the tax refund and what ever else we can put away..
and that is money for a down payment on a house.
Top it off with the fact that we qualify for 2 diffrent types of down payment assistance programs, I am thinking we could , with assistance programs included, have at least 10,000 available to put on a home.

We are on our way out of here faster then a greased hen in a KFC kitchen..!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
Ha! Awesome!

A serenade, Godley & Creme's song, "Cry" -
    You don't know how to ease my pain You don't know You don't know how to ease my pain You don't know what the sound is darlin' It's the sound of my tears fallin' Or is it the rain? You don't know You don't know how to play the game You cheat You lie You make me wanna cry You make me wanna cry Cry... You make me wanna cry You don't know how to ease my pain You don't know You don't know how to ease my pain Don't you hear any voices cryin'? That's the sound of my love(?) dyin' Here comes the rain You don't know how to play the game You cheat You lie You don't even know how to say goodbye You make me wanna cry You don't know You don't even know how to say goodbye You make me wanna cry You don't even know how to say goodbye You make me wanna cry Cry...

Hugs, you deserve a happy middle, not just a happy ending. A toast to you tonight, right now I'll just toast you with some decaf. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
I will toast tonight. Guaranteed.
I think, what I will do , is splurge a bit.
Take 20 dollars, mister wolf, bean and myself and go to Mr Natural ( our fav health food restaurant for under 20 ) and have dinner... just us. Very Happy

I just got through doing an outline for MR Wolfs projected income tax.. it will be about 4,000. ( more actually.. )
So , that 4 , plus the 1,300 is already 1/2 the 10,000 we would need to move out.

things are just falling into place.. almost perfectly.

now. .. i guess i should ask for a lexus huh?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:26 pm
Sweetie, this is so cool, and I hate to say this, but I re-read a few times and it doesn't seem to be addressed:

Quote:
if your paperwork comes back ok

That's probably a background check.

I have recently been through this two-three times -- not the background check part, but "we want you to start" and a tone of it's basically a done deal, when it's not. That sucks even worse than just not getting a reply or getting a quick "no", as hopes soar and then *poof*.

Really hope it works out for you though. Everything crossed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:28 pm
Just wait a few days for the Lexus Wink

I am so happy for you shewolf, especially that you
found a job where bean can tag along and you won't
have to be separated from her. That's such a relief.

Congratulations! And yes, celebrate all you want,
you certainly deserve it, my dear.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:57 pm
I was completely up front with her about my background before I applied for the job.
I have learned that , doing this, saves me heart ache later.
She had no problems with it when i told her.
Hopefully that stays the same when she sees what I have told her in writting.
Most of the " paper work" she is talking about is the referance check and residence history.
Wich, I had to fill out myself so all it is , to my understanding , a varification of what I told her.

you are right though.. there isnt a guarantee.. just a " come on in "
>sigh<

ok, so i HOPE i get the job.. Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:16 pm
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:18 pm
http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/hoola.gif http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/balett.gif http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/woohoo.gif http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/banana.gif http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/happy.gif http://www.talkfrontpage.com/images/smilies/upside.gif

Now where did Kicky go?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:24 pm
maybe I should tone down as well..
just keep the excitement to " i finally have a prospect'
instead of counting my ducks before they waddle..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When can I cry?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 02:20:55