Algis Photography

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 02:39 pm
AK hasn't posted any links that I could find to his very inventive photography so I'm going to trump him -- hope he doesn't get mad!

http://eportfolio.studio.adobe.com/user/algreco/12190
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,277 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 05:45 pm
Lightwizard- That is really interesting stuff!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 06:51 pm
I did privately let him know I did this -- I think he wasn't quite ready to post anything so he was complimented that I went ahead and provided the link. It is a portfolio which would take up a lot of space and the format it's presented in is really well done. The site comes up as well but I didn't look into how one would post a portfolio there. Anyway, Algis is fine with the posting. I love the surreal distortions and the celebrity photos but it's all excellent work.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 09:50 pm
Thank you ! Lightwizard:-))))))You know,As an Artist I can make practically anything-except a living
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:40 am
The distortions are amazing! I like photography but it's just not as interesting as this stuff is! The distortions make it look like a dream of a painting, dunno if that makes any sense to you but...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:44 am
I adore this one:

http://eportfolio.studio.adobe.com/accounts/977542002542317742/12190/_medium/69578jpg.jpg

Tell me if you mind me linking to the pic here and if so I'll remove it.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 12:51 pm
Dear Craven de Kere,

You and the Lightwizard have made my day, month, year ! That is indeed my best image.

Upon entering the Agora that day, and eventually creating this image, simultaneously I was asking the spirits for a sign that I could recognize. To my surprise, I noticed the Face of Jesus to the right of Minas, the gentleman in the photograph. Also , a Mexican type face in the top left. What these strange similarities mean , only God knows.

Thanks for their exposure !!!

Al Greco
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 01:06 pm
Okay, intentional double entendre or not. Exposure! Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 01:54 pm
LW, total honesty here, this is a regular photograph. One exposure. But double or triple entendre mais oui !
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 01:58 pm
On the subject of making a living -- of course, one can persue commercial art (like advertising art). One of my painting instructors pointed out that a beautifully designed ad can be as viable as a beautiful painting. Also, there are a lot of marketers out there who have the philosophy that art is a product and market it like a pack of cigarettes. It's really whether one feels they would like to persue being exhibited in museums or would like to sell a lot of work to less than season collectors and those who are motivated to purchase art for decoration and not feel they've compromised their art. That's a difficult decision and the later involves creating for the public, not necessarily for oneself.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 05:04 am
I can make practically anything-except a living[/quote]

That makes at LEAST two of us.And I still curse the guy in the checquered slacks who told me "Get into sculpture kiddo!And GET RICH QUICK!!"
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:34 pm
A replacement link for the above closed site. Happy Summer 2003 LW !!!!

http://www.pbase.com/alkeme
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:45 pm
I have purposely not looked yet. I was a little late to learn about Algis, who bothered me at first by posting a bunch of original stuff in the art forum so I had to get it moved to Original Art, let he and I laugh now. ehBeth noticed my nagging him to post in the right place, and prodded me to look at the links harder, and when I did I just gave up, I AM A TOTAL ALGIS FAN. Of course he would have no money, that has only been important to him in the immediacy of the next three weeks, I am guessing, for the past thirty years. This is familiar to me personally, even now, as in right now. (We got a check today, sigh.)

So, now, looking at this link is like opening an envelope with unknown but ....somehow known... content.

I will be in trouble of course if I HATE it after posting this, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:51 pm
Algis, That tree is haunting. c.i.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:54 pm
aaaccccckkk, I cannot see it, the Specified Server Cannot Be Found. Yet again.

Ok, very ethereal....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 11:09 pm
Um, could you direct me/us to the photos in discussion, if you are ready to have them out there??? If not, ne'er mind.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:35 pm
the link doesn't work for me ...????? Sad
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 10:08 am
Can't open the link.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 10:33 am
I've just gone to the link Algis posted by doing a search on his name through google. The upside of a bit of well-deserved fame. :wink:

it's in good order (the link)

http://www.pbase.com/alkeme

some fabulous stuff in the albums here
0 Replies

ReadHead

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 11:11 pm
The composition captured in the images is great. I'm drawn to the B & W photos. Nice!
0 Replies