Rest in Peace, Joanne Dorel

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:45 pm
sad news here for many of us -
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1608525#1608525

Joanne has been a friend to many of us here, a kind of sunshine in our eyes, a good questioner, lively woman.

Please check out that thread, and also post here, as thoughts come to mind.

Osso/jo
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,884 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:10 pm
In remembrance, I have added Joanne to the avatar project. I think she would have wanted that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:11 am
I first became friendly with Joanne on Abuzz. The thread that we did together, I was really proud of. The ogres on that forum had given her a hard time and she posted for a time in disguise as Robert Kennedy. It was she who brought me over to Able2Know. I'll always regret not meeting her in person. My condolences to her husband and family.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:02 pm
I am so very saddened by this tragic news.
Joanne and I became friends on Abuzz and she
was instrumental in my joining a2k. We exchanged
emails and posts about art from time to time, and even entertained thoughts about meeting on holidays, though that never came to pass. I was always touched by her disarming warmth and sweetness.

There is now another star in the firmanent, warmer
and sweeter than most. Sincere condolences
to David and all who loved Joanne.

Go well, dear friend.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:12 pm
I apologize, I thought I put this in the art forum, primarily to link folks who might not see it to the main thread (see first post). And then I didn't see it there this morning, figured I hadn't done it, and added another one. (Ay, caramba!)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:16 pm
My heart sank when I read your first post. I'm also a Joanne Dorel fan, and we've communicated one-on-one quite often on Abuzz and a2k. I didn't even know she was ill, but was aware she wasn't posting for a long time. I remember when I was passing through Dallas-Ft Worth, she was going to meet me at the airport, but with the increased security, she wasn't able to come inside the departure area. I have thought of her often, but the last I remember anything about Joanne is her move to San Diego. She never let on that she was ill. I'll miss her.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:21 pm
Cicerone, the news is even sadder -
please check the link in my first post above.

(This thread was an error on my part, I meant it to go into the art forum to alert folks who only look at that forum... and by the time I figured out I had put it in General, I had started another one there.)
0 Replies