Members Who've Gone Missing

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:11 am
Every now and then I become aware that a member seems not to have posted in a long time. I then wonder if the person died or simply resolved not to participate anymore. There have been some member deaths reported and discussed here, and I think I'm familiar with many of those. Other times, members just vanish and one wonders what became of them. This is the Internet, after all, so I also have to consider the fact that a member may have created a new identity. In some cases, a member has left instructions for a family member to let us know of his/her death, but I'm sure this must be a small minority.

It just makes me wonder whether some ill befell them, and in most cases, I suspect, I'll never know the answer. I enjoyed talking to Lightwizard, for example, but it was years after he stopped posting before I noticed a report of his death.

It's just life on a message board, I guess.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,425 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:29 am
@Brandon9000,
A lot of folks have moved over to Facebook, if you have an account there and have yet to join the a2k group there, you'll find a few AWOL folk there.

Also, periodically check this topic where we try to keep tabs on the missing, lost and misplaced.

http://able2know.org/topic/35573-1

Anyone in particular you are looking for?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:33 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

A lot of folks have moved over to Facebook, if you have an account there and have yet to join the a2k group there, you'll find a few AWOL folk there.

Also, periodically check this topic where we try to keep tabs on the missing, lost and misplaced.

http://able2know.org/topic/35573-1

Anyone in particular you are looking for?

I didn't know that there is an A2K group there, thanks, although I think I'd probably rather be anonymous. I've wondered this many times, but tonight I realized that I hadn't heard anything from Diest TKO/failures art/Cyclopticorn in a few years.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:38 am
Okay, he posted in that thread. Yes, I wonder this about people from time to time. I also haven't heard from Foxfyre in awhile.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:40 am
@Brandon9000,
They're both on Facebook, Diest being the more active of the two.

If you want to remain anonymous you can do what some others have done and create a FB account for your A2K name.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:41 am
@Butrflynet,
Good idea. At least, I'll check it out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:43 am
@Butrflynet,
Here's a link to the group page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/46501832616/?fref=ts
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:45 am
@Butrflynet,
It says that it's a broken link.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:50 am
@Brandon9000,
That may be because it is a closed group and you need to be a member to view it.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 02:53 am
@Butrflynet,
I sent you a pm with some info.
0 Replies